sanibonani
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have to do an English speaking assessment in under two weeks and I don't have a solid idea or subject to speak about-indecisive me. Does anybody have a good subject that worked for them or something interesting to talk about? would be helpful thanks..
JuSt_Do_It_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by sanibonani)
I have to do an English speaking assessment in under two weeks and I don't have a solid idea or subject to speak about-indecisive me. Does anybody have a good subject that worked for them or something interesting to talk about? would be helpful thanks..
football, you can just bullsh*t i know some man in my year who got a Distinction when everything they said was bull
TODTEMPLE01
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Try and do a topic that is unique to you and something the examiner will not have heard before - it will be more interesting for both of you that way. For my speaking assessment, i did it on ovarian cryopreservation but that was only because I went to a lecture on it about a week beforehand. It's a unique topic and if you feel strongly about it, you can't really go wrong
Sanjith Hegde123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Doesn't it mean nothing now?
What exam board are you doing, I got an 8, and felt good for like 5 seconds, cuz it means nothing to the overall gcse
TODTEMPLE01
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sanjith Hegde123)
What exam board are you doing, I got an 8, and felt good for like 5 seconds, cuz it means nothing to the overall gcse
I'm doing Language on AQA and yeah its kind of pointless for your GCSE (so long as you pass it) but employers and unis like it if you have a distinction as it shows you have a desirable quality that may be of benefit to them.
saharan_skies
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did mine on Mental Health revolving around ethnic minorities whilst my friend did his on a character exploration on one of the characters in Macbeth, and another did it on advantages and disadvantages of Brexit. To be honest, do something that interests you because it'll be really apparent on camera that you're invested in the topic.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do well
sanibonani
Rep:
?
(Original post by saharan_skies)
I did mine on Mental Health revolving around ethnic minorities whilst my friend did his on a character exploration on one of the characters in Macbeth, and another did it on advantages and disadvantages of Brexit. To be honest, do something that interests you because it'll be really apparent on camera that you're invested in the topic.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do well
i just guess its lack of motivation, i did have a rough idea of first/third world problems and the differences in western/eastern society but i'm not sure what i would say so i'm looking for a less complicated topic. thanks anyways!
sanibonani
Rep:
?
its AQA, we get like merits and distinctions
Sanjith Hegde123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
its AQA, we get like merits and distinctions
Oh im part of the first year that did the new spec, and we got the 1-9 system...
Popsiclez
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Tbh you cant fail it for attempting it, thats what my teacher said you can literally talk about poo and you'll still pass lmao
sanibonani
Rep:
?
Oh im part of the first year that did the new spec, and we got the 1-9 system...
yah im doing the 9-1 spec but that's the grading system- there aren't any marks awarded
Sanjith Hegde123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
yah im doing the 9-1 spec but that's the grading system- there aren't any marks awarded
Oh yeah your right, at my school they used an equivalency, I do remember it saying distinction on my english card.
ewarner2000
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did mine a couple of months ago (before our exams started!). Im also indecisive so chose to do mine on a topic which i find prevalent. I chose feminism and why it is still needed (full title read 'the f-word: why feminism is still fundamental') as i knew i would speak passionately and at great length/uave no trouble looking for interesting points. If you need any ideas pm me but try to think of something that interests you or maybe is in the news at the moment or has been recently
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bishop Grosseteste University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 15 Nov '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (32)
19.05%
Labour (68)
40.48%
Liberal Democrats (34)
20.24%
Green Party (7)
4.17%
Brexit Party (4)
2.38%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (3)
1.79%
Plaid Cymru (4)
2.38%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)