Report 1 week ago
Hi. Sorry. Is anyone still active?
Archurus23
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by sr90)
At my last job we had several people with 2.2's, including the most intelligent guy in my team who is now a senior financial analyst for a very well known firm, and at age 25 earns more than most people can dream of. 3 people in our friendship group at uni all got a 2.2 and they were all in graduate level positions within a year.

Most graduate schemes will be closed to you, but who cares? Hardly anyone gets employed through one of those anyway.

You'll be fine, although I sympathise how low post graduate unemployment makes one feel. I've been there.
How did your friend get into this? I’m a 2:1 graduate who could use some guidance. As for OP, I hope you’re ok
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
sr90
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Archurus23)
How did your friend get into this? I’m a 2:1 graduate who could use some guidance. As for OP, I hope you’re ok
From what I gather his 2.2 was more down to not taking his degree seriously than lack of ability, but it was still a 2.2.

He got on top of professional qualifications really early, got himself noticed in a fairly entry level role by going way beyond the job description and just kept plugging away despite knockback after knockback. I've not spoken to the guy in a long time but just looked him up on LinkedIn and he's now in a very senior position having completed his industry qualification.

I suppose the point here is that sometimes it's worth taking a step back in order to take two forward.
Archurus23
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by sr90)
From what I gather his 2.2 was more down to not taking his degree seriously than lack of ability, but it was still a 2.2.

He got on top of professional qualifications really early, got himself noticed in a fairly entry level role by going way beyond the job description and just kept plugging away despite knockback after knockback. I've not spoken to the guy in a long time but just looked him up on LinkedIn and he's now in a very senior position having completed his industry qualification.

I suppose the point here is that sometimes it's worth taking a step back in order to take two forward.
So that’s how he got the job? Nice. Thank you
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Lorilo1398
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Archurus23)
So that’s how he got the job? Nice. Thank you
Basically. Grades mean nothing . Be striving for at least level 4 (ie HND) and a t least 2 years experience in your required career path. Make sure you are also driving and you will be able to nail 25-35 a year job depending on location (Im currently in Lincolshire) . Im currently looking at housing development or ecp development businesses (once successful at least 60 -150k a year)so will be building dream bungalow with pool, but sadly alot of work + development, ideally just ensure you have degree equiv, experience, driving and a good job or other investments by 30 and you will be solid (no children before the also for a solid business and large house + cars xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (75)
17.24%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (280)
64.37%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.83%
Not yet but I might (59)
13.56%

Watched Threads