The Student Room Group

friend got wrong gcse option

Poll

What would YOU do if you got the wrong GCSE option?

okay so yesterday we got our gcse confirmation so it shows what subjects we are gonna do next year (year 10).
i got what i wanted but my friend was so upset.
she got three of the four subjects she wanted.
she wanted history but she ended up getting hospitality and catering instead.
she told her form tutor and now she has told her parents.
but it says that these are going to be put on our timetable so is it too late???
How bout you go to a school that actually allows you to do the subjects you want to do
Original post by MissKaboodle21
okay so yesterday we got our gcse confirmation so it shows what subjects we are gonna do next year (year 10).
i got what i wanted but my friend was so upset.
she got three of the four subjects she wanted.
she wanted history but she ended up getting hospitality and catering instead.
she told her form tutor and now she has told her parents.
but it says that these are going to be put on our timetable so is it too late???

no lol, they'll be able to slot them in somewhere, it's impossible they can't tbh
Original post by Again banned?
How bout you go to a school that actually allows you to do the subjects you want to do

no she put history on her selection form and handed it in. then a letter comes and says she got hospitality and catering.
Original post by RobertTaylorUK
no lol, they'll be able to slot them in somewhere, it's impossible they can't tbh

oh cool i'll tell her thanks.
they should be able to do it tbh we just need to find a quick way to do it
Reply 5
Original post by MissKaboodle21
no she put history on her selection form and handed it in. then a letter comes and says she got hospitality and catering.

Then it seems like a mistake (since history and hospitality and catering are probably one after the other alphabetically). She should tell the school in this situation so that she can get history like she wanted.
Original post by Michiyo
Then it seems like a mistake (since history and hospitality and catering are probably one after the other alphabetically). She should tell the school in this situation so that she can get history like she wanted.

yeah it was put alphabetically on the form, shes told her form tutor but i was thinking of telling head of year or someone like that as well

Quick Reply

Latest