jackyboy17
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm currently revising for edexcel paper 3 and a 25 marker asks for the macro and micro effects of negative externalities in large infrastructure projects. For micro i simply talked about negative externalities in production leading to market failure and used the diagram but i can't think of any macro effects that i can talk about in depth? I was thinking talking about not operating on the boundary of the PPF as the economy is inefficient but don't really know how to explain it?
dan2808
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jackyboy17)
I'm currently revising for edexcel paper 3 and a 25 marker asks for the macro and micro effects of negative externalities in large infrastructure projects. For micro i simply talked about negative externalities in production leading to market failure and used the diagram but i can't think of any macro effects that i can talk about in depth? I was thinking talking about not operating on the boundary of the PPF as the economy is inefficient but don't really know how to explain it?
I am also revising for it mate! Firstly i think the largest question we get is a 20 marker! The only thing i can think about is linking it to AD and AS diagram.

This may be a bit indirect but.... negative externalities on the NHS from the pollution related illnesses from the shipping, trucks and machinery used may cause an increase in income tax to cover the increasing costs, meaning less disposable income and therefore a reduction in AD

However, i dont know if that would be appropriate because it is very indirect

Also, you could say as an argument that there would be a multiplier effect, increasing AD, due to job creation from the building and maintenance of the dams. potentially?

Hope this helps and if not i hope it stimulates some ideas
Mo98
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jackyboy17)
large capital intensive infrastructure projects can lead to positive accelerator effects, can lead to capital deepening (more micro), can lead to more jobs although at the expense of air pollution from building---> may reduce hysterisis, reduced welfare payments allows the expansionary fiscal contractionism to occur, whereby there is more capacity for extra funds available for private sector firms as opposed to public ( you can use your ppf diagram here); these are just few issues which can be analysed to depth, you can even go down a simpler route--> capital intensive projects --> promotes eco development (depends on the country in question) --> may lead to higher living standards---> rising hdi even positive multiplier effects,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
15.45%
I need help researching courses (8)
6.5%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
5.69%
I need help with my personal statement (46)
37.4%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (32)
26.02%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.44%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (8)
6.5%

Watched Threads