I don't have the confidence to wear what I want

Watch
MrFreezee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm 19 years old, male,
and I'm not confident to dress how I'd like to. I get told I dress quite well by girls, I just dress slightly different to most guys,
I wear clothes that fit well, I stay in decent shape, I stick to plain t's, no graphic prints, slim/skinny jeans, vans old skools etc..

But if that's not how I would dress if I was comfortable. I'd wear Chelsea boots with a heel, like the Saint Laurent Wyatt boots.. skinny jeans, flannel shirts, scoop neck t's, flowy silk shirts with loud patterns, big shearling and suede coats, leather biker jackets, distressed jeans, baggy sweatshirts, bandanas, rings, bracelets.
I'd dress like a rockstar.
Could you imagine that in a place where guys wear skinny joggers, NMD's and hoodies of all colours, who don't like wearing /aftershavecologne, who complain if I guy puts more effort in, and that could mean wearing new shoes or a nicer hoodie. Jeans are reserved for nights out but they would wear joggers if they were allowed in.

I'm an artistic person, I like design, I write songs, play guitar, produce music and in general try to be creative be it making jewellery, writing blog posts, interests in interior design, and fashion. I wear Tom Ford Black Orchid, it's unisex.
I like it, girls like it but guys think it's womanly. I'm masculine but I would wear womens jeans if they fit me better, that's not the most masculine thing,
it took me years to be comfortable singing in front of anyone. How do I get over this? What would you think of someone dressed like this?
Along the lines of David Bowie, Mick Jagger, Harry Styles, Matty Healy and others like that. Would you find it attractive?

I'm usually confident, I'm getting better at it but this is the only thing, I have no problem when it comes to girls but if I change how I dress that might change for the worse.
Captain Poldark
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You shouldn't be afraid to be yourself. Otherwise people will never really know the true you.
Xopher_
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MrFreezee)
'm 19 years old, male,
and I'm not confident to dress how I'd like to. I get told I dress quite well by girls, I just dress slightly different to most guys,
I wear clothes that fit well, I stay in decent shape, I stick to plain t's, no graphic prints, slim/skinny jeans, vans old skools etc..

But if that's not how I would dress if I was comfortable. I'd wear Chelsea boots with a heel, like the Saint Laurent Wyatt boots.. skinny jeans, flannel shirts, scoop neck t's, flowy silk shirts with loud patterns, big shearling and suede coats, leather biker jackets, distressed jeans, baggy sweatshirts, bandanas, rings, bracelets.
I'd dress like a rockstar.
Could you imagine that in a place where guys wear skinny joggers, NMD's and hoodies of all colours, who don't wear cologne, who complain if I guy puts more effort in, and that could mean wearing new shoes or a nicer hoodie. Jeans are reserved for nights out but they would wear joggers if they were allowed in.

I'm an artistic person, I like design, I write songs, play guitar, produce music and in general try to be creative be it making jewellery, writing blog posts, interests in interior design, and fashion. I wear Tom Ford Black Orchid, it's unisex.
I like it, girls like it but guys think it's womanly. I'm masculine but I would wear womens jeans if they fit me better, that's not the most masculine thing,
it took me years to be comfortable singing in front of anyone. How do I get over this? What would you think of someone dressed like this?
Along the lines of David Bowie, Mick Jagger, Harry Styles, Matty Healy and others like that. Would you find it attractive?

I'm usually confident, I'm getting better at it but this is the only thing, I have no problem when it comes to girls but if I change how I dress that might change for the worse.
Step 1: Chelsea boots (I prefer buckle boots) with heel
Step 2: Jeans
Step 3: Some sort of shirt that matches with rolled up sleeves
Step 4: Profit

Xopher Doesn't think vans or yeezys are cool

Be like Xopher
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (99)
13.2%
I'm not sure (32)
4.27%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (234)
31.2%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.4%
I'm not a current university student (367)
48.93%

Watched Threads