The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

any international students gotten their CAS number yet?

So apparently tomorrow would be the earliest date that I can apply for my tier 4 visa and I haven't gotten my CAS number yet. When am I supposed to be expecting it to come?
Reply 1
My CAS draft email said it would be sent on the 19th
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by cookiespam
So apparently tomorrow would be the earliest date that I can apply for my tier 4 visa and I haven't gotten my CAS number yet. When am I supposed to be expecting it to come?

Do you already have your results? In any case, you'll get it relatively soon (two weeks at most?) usually after applying for it, but this will of course depend on the university.
I am also an international student awaiting for the CAS ... I asked the admissions dept of the faculty and was told they were not sure, "Hopefully by the end of June". Anyone has a better idea of when CAS are sent out? Till now I have received nothing related to it ...
Original post by Zacken
Do you already have your results? In any case, you'll get it relatively soon (two weeks at most?) usually after applying for it, but this will of course depend on the university.

When you say 'applying for it', are you referring to the Tier 4 visa, or applying to uni?
Reply 5
Original post by singzeon
When you say 'applying for it', are you referring to the Tier 4 visa, or applying to uni?

Some universities have a platform from which you apply to them for a CAS number, that's what I was referring to.

Other uni's don't. For example, Cambridge sent me my CAS a week or two after getting my results. York had an online platform for international students to apply for a CAS number from. It will vary from uni to uni.

FWIW, you don't need to worry if your uni said you'll be getting it at the end of June; I got mine at the end of August and was fine.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Zacken
Some universities have a platform from which you apply to them for a CAS number, that's what I was referring to.

Other uni's don't. For example, Cambridge sent me my CAS a week or two after getting my results. York had an online platform for international students to apply for a CAS number from. It will vary from uni to uni.

FWIW, you don't need to worry if your uni said you'll be getting it at the end of June; I got mine at the end of August and was fine.

I see, thank you! Thought the CAS thing was standard for all unis, didn't know others required students to apply for it.

I'm just a little worried as the CAS is required to do the visa, and I just wanna complete it as soon as possible, just in case there are any complications. But yes, I guess for now I can only wait for my CAS to arrive. Thank you!
Reply 7
Original post by singzeon
I see, thank you! Thought the CAS thing was standard for all unis, didn't know others required students to apply for it.

I'm just a little worried as the CAS is required to do the visa, and I just wanna complete it as soon as possible, just in case there are any complications. But yes, I guess for now I can only wait for my CAS to arrive. Thank you!

Same feelings here. Though I have emailed my applicant tutor and he has referred me to the Applicant Team which requested a scanned copy of my passport for the CAS.

Quick Reply