The Student Room Group

A Level Subjects

Im planning on taking Economics,Geography,Socoiology A Level and History and Psychology AS Level ... with these subjects I've selected in mind will I get many opportunities in Universities this way ?
Original post by LegionArmies70
Im planning on taking Economics,Geography,Socoiology A Level and History and Psychology AS Level ... with these subjects I've selected in mind will I get many opportunities in Universities this way ?

You can yes. However, only choose what you enjoy otherwise you'll just end up doing something that you don't even like and are doing it for the sake of it.

Yeah you definitely will. I am currently studying Economics, psychology, History and politics and it opens many doors.
Do you mind me asking what you're planning to do after year 13?
Original post by Excluded
You can yes. However, only choose what you enjoy otherwise you'll just end up doing something that you don't even like and are doing it for the sake of it.

I'm all for as many doors be open for me as possible, I just took those to make sure when i go to University I'll have many possible choices and also those topics are most fitting for me personally
Reply 4

The only fields you definitely wouldn't be able to go into would be the Pure Science (Biology, Chemistry and Physics) and Maths (Pure Maths and Compsci) fields. I highly recommend swapping one of those A levels with Maths. Maybe swap Sociology because it isn't highly regarded but it depends on what you know you wouldn't mind doing at uni and what you definitely don't want to do at uni
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Aishabushra
Yeah you definitely will. I am currently studying Economics, psychology, History and politics and it opens many doors.
Do you mind me asking what you're planning to do after year 13?

Do you mean In University ?? If so I'm planning on studying in University History,Philosophy,Geography,Sociology,Theology (Religious Studies) ... I may or may not pursue Psychology further and also I plan on doing Economics however I avoided Math like the plague at GSCE Level so I'm not sure if I'll be able to pursue it while having nothing in Math ....
Original post by Ash8991
The only fields you definitely wouldn't be able to go into would be the Pure Science (Biology, Chemistry and Physics) and Maths (Pure Maths and Compsci) fields. I highly recommend swapping one of those A levels with Maths. Maybe swap Sociology because it isn't highly regarded but it depends on what you know you wouldn't mind doing at uni and what you definitely don't want to do at uni

I'd love too however Math is simply not cut out for me personally unfortunately .... think I'll be able to Pursue Economics Further in Uni without Math my friend ?

Quick Reply

Latest