oliviekr
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I just finished my AS exams (Year 12) I do ICT and Business A Levels and the CeFS as I was led to believe that it was an A Level equivalent so I can do those 3 courses to get into uni.

I read on Birmingham Uni that the DipFS is accepted but not in lieu of A Levels. I began panicking, have I just wasted a year of college to get a qualification that won't get me into uni if I continue with it for A2?

Do you think 2 A Levels and a DipFS will be accepted?
BigBadAsh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Short answer - no.

It's a level 3 diploma, it will count as the same amount of UCAS Points, but will not hold the same value as an A-level in practice.

So if you're applying to a university that doesn't request A-levels, but asks for a minimum number of UCAS Points, then you should be fine, but I'd email just incase.
However, in the case of Brummie Uni, it clearly can't be replaced as you've answered yourself - therefore you'd need to do 3 A-Levels
butfirst_coffee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I was wondering this too...
oliviekr
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by BigBadAsh)
Short answer - no.

It's a level 3 diploma, it will count as the same amount of UCAS Points, but will not hold the same value as an A-level in practice.

So if you're applying to a university that doesn't request A-levels, but asks for a minimum number of UCAS Points, then you should be fine, but I'd email just incase.
However, in the case of Brummie Uni, it clearly can't be replaced as you've answered yourself - therefore you'd need to do 3 A-Levels
Thanks for the reply. I weren't sure on taking it so I did a lot of research before taking the course but clearly it weren't enough. I'm praying that Loughborough or Nottingham accept it with 2 A Levels.
oliviekr
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm answering my own question as I found out. hopefully this helps someone in the future

LOUGHBOROUGH
UNI OF NOTTINGHAM
UNI OF LEEDS
UNI OF SHEFFIELD

all accept DipFS and 2 other A Levels as they gave me offers but I was predicted 3 As so bare that in mind.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I completed it and it does.
Mahel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by oliviekr)
I'm answering my own question as I found out. hopefully this helps someone in the future

LOUGHBOROUGH
UNI OF NOTTINGHAM
UNI OF LEEDS
UNI OF SHEFFIELD

all accept DipFS and 2 other A Levels as they gave me offers but I was predicted 3 As so bare that in mind.
I have an offer for ABB on an AAB course from Nottingham with Media Studies, Business and DipFS
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (90)
13.93%
I'm not sure (30)
4.64%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (206)
31.89%
I have already dropped out (14)
2.17%
I'm not a current university student (306)
47.37%

Watched Threads