The Student Room Group

What's the best black box insurance?

I'm looking for a reasonably priced black box insurance company. No curfew's and one thats not too harsh if you occasionally drive slightly worse. Essentially just looking for some 1st hand experience on companies who provide this type of insurance.
Original post by louooo
I'm looking for a reasonably priced black box insurance company. No curfew's and one thats not too harsh if you occasionally drive slightly worse. Essentially just looking for some 1st hand experience on companies who provide this type of insurance.

Again, anything related to cars should be in "Cars and Motoring" - Tagging @AngryJellyfish to get this moved.
Varies way too much mate, what the best black box company for me is, may be the worst for you.
Too many factors - experience, location, crime levels, etc etc.

Best advice you could possibly get is use comparison websites if you aren't already.
Once you fill in the car and your personal details, you'll generate quotes and companies will pop up with whatever curfews and stuff they may have.
Majority of them don't really have curfews anymore though, mostly speed and driving controls.

I was with AXA for example, no curfew and allowed me to go 50% over the speed limit.

Don't go 50% over the speed limit..
Reply 3
There simply isn't any good black box insurance - that's the whole point. You'll find people here giving good reviews, but also bad reviews. The bad tend to outweigh the good.
Hastings Direct Smart Miles are shocking
Original post by louooo

You are better off without a black box. Those things are ****.
Reply 6
Try collingwood young drivers insuarance. I was getting quotes for £4000, went on collingwood got a quote for 2700 on my golf
Admiral don't care how I drive with black box maybe I have a faulty one but I am always on gold even whilst doing 80-90mph on the way to school daily

Quick Reply