Can someone recommend me a funny female comedian?

Watch this thread
username3118454
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Stand-up
Gerry-Atricks
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Women are objectively less funny than men, i dont know why but there are very few funny comediennes on tv, sara pascoe and katherine ryan are always on tv but theyre both super dry, jo brand is the only female comedian ive ever found funny, stand up really is a boys club.
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Depends what age and type of comedy you like. I think Shappi Khorsandi is hilarious - you might be like 'who'?
Drez999
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by angelike1)
Stand-up
Jo Brand.

Saw her once a while back - not sure if she still does the circuit but she is murderously funny with amazing timing.
jonathanglad
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Justin Bieber
Michael_Fishy
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
inb4 "Amy Schumer"
Gerry-Atricks
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Michael_Fishy)
inb4 "Amy Schumer"
She is horrible, just awful
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by glad-he-ate-her)
She is horrible, just awful
Couldn't agree more. She comes from the whole 'make it smutty enough with some swearing and they'll laugh' brigade. Cheap.
thatguy170296
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Women are objectively less funny than men, i dont know why but there are very few funny comediennes on tv, sara pascoe and katherine ryan are always on tv but theyre both super dry, jo brand is the only female comedian ive ever found funny, stand up really is a boys club.
I agree, it really is dominated by men, and the women that do make it have to adapt and have really dry senses of humour to survive and be noticed/remembered amongst all the extreme male comedians such as Jimmy Carr and Frankie Boyle.

I still love Katherine Ryan though, that dry humour is right up my alley. I like Sarah Millican too though, she's got a more bubbly sense of humour that puts you in a good mood. I seen her on an old episode of room 101 yesterday, and she was great, Frank Skinner is hilarious on that show
Gerry-Atricks
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
Couldn't agree more. She comes from the whole 'make it smutty enough with some swearing and they'll laugh' brigade. Cheap.
Watching Shappi Khorsandi`s live at the apollo, she is quite funny.
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Watching Shappi Khorsandi`s live at the apollo, she is quite funny.
What you said above about female comedians got me thinking - you'd never get a female Tim Vine, would you? There's something about that comedy that's inherently male.
Gerry-Atricks
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by thatguy170296)
I agree, it really is dominated by men, and the women that do make it have to adapt and have really dry senses of humour to survive and be noticed/remembered amongst all the extreme male comedians such as Jimmy Carr and Frankie Boyle.

I still love Katherine Ryan though, that dry humour is right up my alley. I like Sarah Millican too though, she's got a more bubbly sense of humour that puts you in a good mood. I seen her on an old episode of room 101 yesterday, and she was great, Frank Skinner is hilarious on that show
Oh yeah i do quite like sarah millican as well, katherine ryan - meh depends on my mood- there are those comics who can always make you laugh regardless of your mood- frankie boyle,stewart francis, milton jones, rusell howard, ed byrne,jimmy carr, sean lock and many others.
Gerry-Atricks
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
What you said above about female comedians got me thinking - you'd never get a female Tim Vine, would you? There's something about that comedy that's inherently male.
That is very true, probably because it requires a very specific kind of brave personality type that is much more common (and accepted) in males. Now whether that is down to biology or society is a different topic
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Oh yeah i do quite like sarah millican as well, katherine ryan - meh depends on my mood- there are those comics who can always make you laugh regardless of your mood- frankie boyle,stewart francis, milton jones, rusell howard, ed byrne,jimmy carr, sean lock and many others.
I like all of these except Russell Howard - I prefer his sister.
Gerry-Atricks
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I like all of these except Russell Howard - I prefer his sister.
His mum is quite hilarious as well actually,his whole family seems to be made for comedy. Sean lock is a british treasure.
username2864242
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Sarah Pascoe, Sarah Millican, Aisling Bea, Gina Yashere, Holly Walsh, Katherine Ryan and Zoe Lyons to name a few
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
His mum is quite hilarious as well actually,his whole family seems to be made for comedy. Sean lock is a british treasure.
Totally - I've always been a big fan of his.
Gerry-Atricks
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Totally - I've always been a big fan of his.
He is so odd, never fails to make me laugh, one of my favourite moments is when he was on big fat quiz and they showed a play that children had put on and he just kept calling the children **** at acting and a disgrace.
Found it, here it is

when he says fu**ing disgrace, that might be the hardest ive laughed in the last few years
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
He is so odd, never fails to make me laugh, one of my favourite moments is when he was on big fat quiz and they showed a play that children had put on and he just kept calling the children **** at acting and a disgrace.
Found it, here it is

when he says fu**ing disgrace, that might be the hardest ive laughed in the last few years
:rofl: that is damn funny.
Gerry-Atricks
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
:rofl: that is damn funny.
Yep, davina mccall ruins the clip a little though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (226)
42.24%
The paper was reasonable (228)
42.62%
Not feeling great about that exam... (48)
8.97%
It was TERRIBLE (33)
6.17%

Watched Threads