Is it a bad thing if there's no one I look up to?

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
bhfn
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey!

I was just wondering if anyone else has no one that they look up to or someone who inspires them, whether it's someone they know or a famous person?

I don't really have anyone I look up to, is that a bad thing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rarest
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Not really, I'm the same and it's never really been an issue for me.
Khanman123
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Don't worry bois, you've just found your new role model. But in all seriousness, I don't really have a role model in just chasing the P's.
username1292215
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bhfn)
Hey!

I was just wondering if anyone else has no one that they look up to or someone who inspires them, whether it's someone they know or a famous person?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not really a problem, if you want your role model can be you in 10years or years.
username1201943
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Just a question, do you appreciate good work when you see it?
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bhfn)
Hey!

Posted from TSR Mobile
So long as you’re feeling inspired by something because to be honest people without ambitions or goals scare me, how does someone go through life and be happy not achieving anything for themselves? And inspiration plays a huge part in your ambitions and goals, something like a deadline could be seen as a negative inspiration but it’s better than no inspiration at all right?

I personally don’t have a person I look up to, but I get inspired by a lot of things which makes up for it I guess
Super199
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
You can look upto me

Big ****, what else do you want

Dont hate the playa hate the game
butfirst_coffee
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
You need to read more then
Orgi.material_99
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by butfirst_coffee)
You need to read more then
That's a real 'Page turning' advice. 👏
jkls92
Report 4 years ago
It's good, teen's idols and role models are idiots. I don't like idolising anyone alive because their story has yet to be fully told, so I did the same until I found out about Cato the Younger about 5 years ago. The suggestion to read more is always a valid one.
butfirst_coffee
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Orgi.material_99)
That's a real 'Page turning' advice. 👏
Good one lol
Aegri Somnia
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Thou art mine own slave so loveth, obeyeth and honour me
username1201943
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
OP is a ******
Pegzpixie
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I feel the same... Help lol
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.94%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.36%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.58%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.7%

Watched Threads