byebyekitty
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
What are some good ideas for an EPQ linked with chemistry/physics?
EstelOfTheEyrie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by byebyekitty)
I've asked a friend who did an EPQ based on those subjects, and here's a suggestion from their topic:
  • the evolution in physics of guitars/musical instruments.

Most of them linked them with biology - I believe the biology of zombies being real could link in nicely with both chemistry and physics.

I hope this helps!
Amefish
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What particular fields in chemistry/physics are you interested in the most? That could help us narrow it down
butfirst_coffee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i think EPQ is a good time to do an extensive research on a topic completely foreign to you. As oppose to one you are familiar with
rrz7
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You can do a lot about space due to your interest in physics e.g Astrophiscs, watch some of kurtgesagt's videos on YouTube about space their really interesting and have millions of views they will give you ideas.
byebyekitty
Rep:
?
(Original post by rrz7)
You can do a lot about space due to your interest in physics e.g Astrophiscs, watch some of kurtgesagt's videos on YouTube about space their really interesting and have millions of views they will give you ideas.

Thank you I will have a look on YouTube now
byebyekitty
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amefish)
What particular fields in chemistry/physics are you interested in the most? That could help us narrow it down

This probably isn't helpful because I'm really open with chemistry and interested in the molecular side of physics.
I thought about doing optical isomerism at first but have drifted from the idea now
Amefish
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This probably isn't helpful because I'm really open with chemistry and interested in the molecular side of physics.
I thought about doing optical isomerism at first but have drifted from the idea now
Maybe do some light reading, you will discover certain aspects that you really find interesting, eg before I did my EPQ I knew I was interested in biology and geography, it wasn't until I did a bit of reading until I discovered I have a particular interest in cyanobacteria and phytoplankton. Don't be afraid to explore your subject area to find things that really spark your passion
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (67)
14.69%
I'm not sure (16)
3.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (154)
33.77%
I have already dropped out (8)
1.75%
I'm not a current university student (211)
46.27%

Watched Threads