Product Design terminology

Watch this thread
LarryAF
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
What is Quality Control and what is it difference from Quality Assurance?
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LarryAF)
What is Quality Control and what is it difference from Quality Assurance?
i never really did get my head totally around it but from what i understand and what got asked in class about 5 times quality assurance seems to be more about the process than the actual product
for instance say you were making bikes, quality assurance would be getting the aluminium from a good supplier, checking your workers were well trained, making sure the equipment was calibrated and set up properly etc
whereas quality control would be the checking of the alignment of the wheels, the checking of the coating after anodising etc and these checks would be made before each part went to the next station
LarryAF
Rep:
(Original post by CoolCavy)
i never really did get my head totally around it but from what i understand and what got asked in class about 5 times quality assurance seems to be more about the process than the actual product
for instance say you were making bikes, quality assurance would be getting the aluminium from a good supplier, checking your workers were well trained, making sure the equipment was calibrated and set up properly etc
whereas quality control would be the checking of the alignment of the wheels, the checking of the coating after anodising etc and these checks would be made before each part went to the next station
Thank you this really helped.
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LarryAF)
Thank you this really helped.
Glad it helped :hugs: if you want help on anything else just quote here and ill try my best to advise
LarryAF
Rep:
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Glad it helped :hugs: if you want help on anything else just quote here and ill try my best to advise
Thank you, I will do
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (36)
69.23%
No (12)
23.08%
I didn't use it to prepare (4)
7.69%

Watched Threads