Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowjamz)
    Hmm. What happened with me is that I put down the AS grades for the 3 subjects I was taking to A2 in the completed qualifications bit, then in the pending section I had both AS Philosophy and AS Politics. So I think it just looked like I was spreading 2 ASs over the duration of my course - the unis didn't know which modules, if any, I'd actually sat I don't think they'll make too many assumptions, and the most important factor will be your A2 predictions - which sound like they'll be AAA anyway. The ASs are very much a secondary consideration and doing that got me offers at Bristol, Notts and York and interviews at Cambridge and UCL, so I don't think they regard it too badly!

As you say though, if you get it up to an A in Jan, it probably won't affect your uni place one way or another to be honest. The reason I resat my B grade was because I felt I could have done better and hadn't performed as well as I could first time around. Also, I figured if I dropped a grade in my A2s and missed a uni place, strong ASs would be a good bargaining tool. If none of that applies to you though and you feel the extra work outweighs the benefits, it may not be worth it. A B is a highly respectable grade so no one's going to look down on you if you don't resit!

Any other questions just ask - but loads of luck whatever you do! xxx
    Thanks for replying again I was gutted about not getting an A in German, I had been predicted a high A But no one in my class did especially well, and my teacher said AQA had gone mad with their marking. I got 223, so it's not actually like I was that close to an A really. Thanks for your advice though, I'll have a long hard think about things! (And probably pester you some more!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimée123)
    Thanks for replying again I was gutted about not getting an A in German, I had been predicted a high A But no one in my class did especially well, and my teacher said AQA had gone mad with their marking. I got 223, so it's not actually like I was that close to an A really. Thanks for your advice though, I'll have a long hard think about things! (And probably pester you some more!)
    I know exactly how you feel, as I was predicted a high A in Philosophy last year too. If it's any consolation though, first time around my UMS was 226, and I brought that up to 256 by resitting one paper this summer So it can be done, and it sounds like you've got the ability. Anyway, glad I could help a tiny bit, and feel free to PM me anytime if you want to talk about it any more! xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowjamz)
    I know exactly how you feel, as I was predicted a high A in Philosophy last year too. If it's any consolation though, first time around my UMS was 226, and I brought that up to 256 by resitting one paper this summer So it can be done, and it sounds like you've got the ability. Anyway, glad I could help a tiny bit, and feel free to PM me anytime if you want to talk about it any more! xxx
    Thanks. I think I'll sleep on it and talk to you tomorrow!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.