The Student Room Group

Getting temporary insurance in summer

i can get insured on a 1.2l with a value of £5000 or a 1.6l with a value of £1000.
Which car is likely to be cheaper to get insured on?
Original post by harnek
i can get insured on a 1.2l with a value of £5000 or a 1.6l with a value of £1000.
Which car is likely to be cheaper to get insured on?

1.2 without a doubt. The engine size is very material in the cost of insurance and a 1.6 is going to be prohibitively expensive, unless you're a bit older and/or have NCB to use.
Reply 2
Original post by Reality Check
1.2 without a doubt. The engine size is very material in the cost of insurance and a 1.6 is going to be prohibitively expensive, unless you're a bit older and/or have NCB to use.

Thanks. I've previously been insured on a 1.6 and it was £150 for 4 weeks. I was wondering how much less a 1.2 could really be? I'm 18
Original post by harnek
Thanks. I've previously been insured on a 1.6 and it was £150 for 4 weeks. I was wondering how much less a 1.2 could really be? I'm 18

Definitely less, though exactly how much I couldn't tell you. Where did you your previous four-week temporary insurance from?
Reply 4
Original post by Reality Check
Definitely less, though exactly how much I couldn't tell you. Where did you your previous four-week temporary insurance from?

LV
Reply 5
This thread should really be in Cars and Motoring - tagging @AngryJellyfish to get it moved for you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest