Kbailey1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi all
I have recently been invited to the step up to social work assessment day?
Does anybody have any idea what the written exercise will consist of?
Role play?
Speed group interview?
Thanks
K
Robster007
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes, any information would be helpful as I really don't know how to prepare for it!!
Hayleybobs
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There is a thread on here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4576504
Lots of useful information
Parmaham
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi Do you have any information on this? I have the interview in 3 weeks and I am unsure what to expect. Also, unfortunately it is all over Zoom. Many thanks
maabena_sika
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Parmaham)
Hi Do you have any information on this? I have the interview in 3 weeks and I am unsure what to expect. Also, unfortunately it is all over Zoom. Many thanks
I also have a zoom assessment booked and don't know what to expect. But the little I know is to equip yourself with the PCF point of entry. Hopefully it will help 🙏
Ellsomers
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Parmaham)
Same! The written assessment is on Monday too. I was advised by a social worker to have atleast a basic knowledge of the recent serious case reviews in my area but other than that i have no clue what to expect but good luck to us all! Can we update eachother if we find any other info?
KLAC123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Ellsomers)
Same! The written assessment is on Monday too. I was advised by a social worker to have atleast a basic knowledge of the recent serious case reviews in my area but other than that i have no clue what to expect but good luck to us all! Can we update eachother if we find any other info?
Hi, how did your written assessment go? I have mine next week and not sure what to expect, quite nervous! Hope yours went well
Ellsomers
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by KLAC123)
Hi, how did your written assessment go? I have mine next week and not sure what to expect, quite nervous! Hope yours went well
It was a case study with 4 short questions, a lot easier than i thought it would be! You get an hour & theres a timer at the top. I was so nervous too but you will be fine!
Tiffany2
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hello there would it be possibleTo give us abit of guidance on what to expect. Thank you
Tiffany2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi would anyone know what to expect with role play. Thanks
lloyd-xavier
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi, was it via Zoom? The written exercise?
C1012
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Has anybody put in a reasonable adjustment request? The date for my written assessment has just been changed to the date of my Grandma’s funeral. I’m really hoping it can be changed but I’m really worried, Will have to keep my fingers crossed 😞
Tiffany2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
They are strict
Bethevans041
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi!Can you start the assessment any time between 9:00 and 12:00??
Tiffany2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Bethevans041)
Hi!Can you start the assessment any time between 9:00 and 12:00??
yes
megs95
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi,I am meant to have my written assessment tomorrow morning but I haven't had an email with instructions on how to access the assessment. I sent them an email to ask but nobody has responded and there isn't a phone number to ring.Thanks
Dgudge
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I have one too and emailed to ask for instructions where to find the info for the assessment and no reply.
Dgudge
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Tiffany2)
yes
Do you just logon to where you did the application to do the assessment? Iv not received any info except for a date and stating it’s in the morning
mk240612
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Ellsomers)
Hi, can I ask how the written assignment went for you? What kind of format and questions were involved? I would really appreciate any help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.55%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.13%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.1%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.13%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (77)
28.62%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.47%

Watched Threads