Worried about exam disqualification!!! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Paper_Moon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
For my OCR Biology exam, I answered some of the questions with notes to the examiner and messages about how much I hate Biology... Do you think my paper will be disqualified?!
Demon King2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Lol no way, u didn't in anyway cheat. If anything the examiner will probably laugh while marking your paper. You have nothing to worry about friend
stoyfan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Paper_Moon)
For my OCR Biology exam, I answered some of the questions with notes to the examiner and messages about how much I hate Biology... Do you think my paper will be disqualified?!
Just.... don't do that again.
username3025040
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You won't get disqualified but you'll prolly either get laughed at or the examiner will roll their eyes
That'sGreat
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You won't get disqualified, but the examiner may be a bit peeved off that you roasted their favourite subject
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You'll give the examiner a good laugh, at least.
Michiyo
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would laugh at that.

I wish bonus marks existed for your humour.
999tigger
Report 2 years ago
Why would you do this?

Normally stuff like that is ignored, but if it is deemed inappropriate (sounds like it is) then you could get an official warning and if it was deemed offensive then they could deduct marks. Not the brightest thing to do.
MarshJam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Why would you do this?

Normally stuff like that is ignored, but if it is deemed inappropriate (sounds like it is) then you could get an official warning and if it was deemed offensive then they could deduct marks. Not the brightest thing to do.
Good one. Like saying how much someone hates the subject is grounds for an official warning rofl.

To the OP: Dw my dude, I'm pretty sure you're probably not the first or last person to ever do this.
999tigger
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MarshJam)
Good one. Like saying how much someone hates the subject is grounds for an official warning rofl.

To the OP: Dw my dude, I'm pretty sure you're probably not the first or last person to ever do this.
Are you saying I am incorrect?

Do you actually know what the rules say?

Do you even know there are rules to deal with such situations?
MarshJam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are you saying I am incorrect?

Do you actually know what the rules say?

Do you even know there are rules to deal with such situations?
I think you need to chill out with the scaremongering. No need to get heated on a forum man.

PS: I won't be replying anymore, I'm not here to start an argument.
username2752874
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Can you tell us what you specifically wrote; if it's something light hearted, then it should be fine, but if you started swearing or something related, you may get DQ'ed
Gerry-Atricks
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well that was stupid
OwlOfFire
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Unlikely to be disqualified, but the examiner might not mark your paper positively and may not give you "the benefit of the doubt" on some questions.
Paper_Moon
Rep:
?
(Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
Can you tell us what you specifically wrote; if it's something light hearted, then it should be fine, but if you started swearing or something related, you may get DQ'ed
There was a question about an experiment that someone should do... and the question was what experiment should this guy do...
And i answered with: He should take a gun, put it next to his head and blow his brains out, so GCSE students dont have to learn about stupid experiments that theyll never do.
999tigger
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MarshJam)
I think you need to chill out with the scaremongering. No need to get heated on a forum man.

PS: I won't be replying anymore, I'm not here to start an argument.
It isnt scaremongering. you should read what I wrote. I stated that they normally ignore stuff like this, but there are rules for such situations where they deem the responses to be inappropriate. That makes them eligible for a warning and then it increases if the remarks are mildly offensive and for which the penalties are 2-5, then theres a further level of sanctions at 6-9 for more serious infringements.

This is correct, but you seem to know better.

Name:  exam responses.PNG
Views: 299
Size:  10.3 KB
Paper_Moon
Rep:
?
It isnt scaremongering. you should read what I wrote. I stated that they normally ignore stuff like this, but there are rules for such situations where they deem the responses to be inappropriate.

This is correct, but you seem to know better.

Name:  exam responses.PNG
Views: 299
Size:  10.3 KB
Hey, whta exam board is this from?
Gerry-Atricks
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There was a question about an experiment that someone should do... and the question was what experiment should this guy do...
And i answered with: He should take a gun, put it next to his head and blow his brains out, so GCSE students dont have to learn about stupid experiments that theyll never do.
My God you're stupid, will probably get some severe consequences for that
999tigger
Report 2 years ago
Its from JCQ the Joint Council for Qualifications, which covers all the main exam boards.

They will probably ignore it, but if the comments start to get out of place (obscene or offensive), then there is the facility to sanction you. Just do your exam and leave the comments at home.

I dont think what you write was offensive, maybe just inappropriate and immature, so in the unlikely event they dont just ignore, then a possible level 1 warning imo. Its probably not worth the paperwork
stoyfan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It should be the same for every single exam board.

Again, exam scripts are there for you to write write your answers in them. You shouldn't write stupid stuff, or even draw pictures. Several people got told off in their final mocks for drawing pictures. They were told that their examiner could refuse to mark their paper if they saw them.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Contemporary Dance Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Nov '19
  • University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (140)
18.74%
Labour (319)
42.7%
Liberal Democrats (152)
20.35%
Green Party (41)
5.49%
Brexit Party (21)
2.81%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (2)
0.27%
SNP (9)
1.2%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.8%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.13%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.13%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)