The Student Room Group

Leeds economics

It says on the website you need to have a B and A in english language and maths respectively , i got the A in maths however i got a C in English language, does this mean i cant apply even though i think i qualify for the alternative entrance due to low household income, low participation rate in my area etc.
Original post by MadasserM
It says on the website you need to have a B and A in english language and maths respectively , i got the A in maths however i got a C in English language, does this mean i cant apply even though i think i qualify for the alternative entrance due to low household income, low participation rate in my area etc.

You are not eligible by normal standards

Access to Leeds (A2L) will be your best bet in your given circumstances.
It reduces the A-level requirements, and you'll also need to take a couple tests for in order for them to test your English and possibly even your Maths.
Nothing pressing, I'm sure you'd be fine in doing it.
Reply 2
Original post by BigBadAsh
You are not eligible by normal standards

Access to Leeds (A2L) will be your best bet in your given circumstances.
It reduces the A-level requirements, and you'll also need to take a couple tests for in order for them to test your English and possibly even your Maths.
Nothing pressing, I'm sure you'd be fine in doing it.

how do you know this , do you study at leeds?
But thanks a lot for the information !
Original post by MadasserM
how do you know this , do you study at leeds?
But thanks a lot for the information !

I have a couple of friends who study at Leeds, and we're all from a pretty deprived area. Some used A2L, some didn't.

All of the information regarding how to apply this way can be found here:
http://www.leeds.ac.uk/info/128005/applying/33/alternative_admissions/2
Reply 4
Original post by BigBadAsh
I have a couple of friends who study at Leeds, and we're all from a pretty deprived area. Some used A2L, some didn't.

All of the information regarding how to apply this way can be found here:
http://www.leeds.ac.uk/info/128005/applying/33/alternative_admissions/2

You're a life saver , thanks my bro!

Quick Reply

Latest