Report 3 years ago
Pakistan 🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A fortnight ago, Pakistan lost by 124 runs to India. They were sloppy in the field and next to awful with the bat. And the way they have fought back to recover and then pulled off this remarkable victory, against their biggest rivals, is truly fantastic. Especially while ranked 8 in the world. Pakistan’s win by 180 runs is their biggest ever v India in ODIs in terms of runs, surpassing their 159 run win in Delhi in 2005. This is an equally brilliant moment for Mickey Arthur. The last Champions Trophy cost him his job as Australia coach. Personally, my player of the tournament is Hasan, who ended with 13 wickets. The closest player to him was Australia's Josh Hazlewood, who took 9 - and 6 of those came in his side's opening game against New Zealand. For his 114 from 106 balls, which contained 12 boundaries and three sixes, Fakhar Zaman is the man of the match.

In the chase, Amir claimed three in a short burst which was up there with the best new-ball spells I've ever seen. He trapped Rohit in front, for a duck, had Dhawan caught by Sarfraz for 21 and saw Kolhi hole out to Shadab for 5. Hasan himself claimed three: Dhoni caught by Imad for 4, and Ashwin snaffled by Sarfraz for 1, and it was the same combination which saw Bumrah fall, for 1 as well. Shadab trapped Yuvraj in front on 22 and had Jadhav caught behind on 9, while Hardik was ran out on 76 and Babar caught Jadeja off Junaid for 15.

Pakistan's total was fearsome, but given India's batting depth, many expected them to make it. But Amir was just on another level - and could have sent back Kohli quicker, if Azhar had held that catch. India were 30-3 and then 54-5, but Hardik threatened them, scoring three consecutive sixes off Shadab. But it was an absolute drubbing: 180 is the highest winning margin of any ICC event. 73.71 was the difference between Pakistan's batting and bowling averages in the semi-finals and final of this tournament: they scored 92.16 runs per wicket, and conceded only 18.45 runs per dismissal. They scored 6.34 runs per over, and conceded only 4.59 per over. These numbers indicate their utter dominance in the two biggest games of the tournament, against two of the toughest opponents: they beat England by eight wickets with 77 balls to spare in the semi-finals, and thrashed India by 180 runs in the final.
princess770
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Pakistan won

Posted from TSR Mobile
Moltenmo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Mackay)
A fortnight ago, Pakistan lost by 124 runs to India. They were sloppy in the field and next to awful with the bat. And the way they have fought back to recover and then pulled off this remarkable victory, against their biggest rivals, is truly fantastic. Especially while ranked 8 in the world. Pakistan’s win by 180 runs is their biggest ever v India in ODIs in terms of runs, surpassing their 159 run win in Delhi in 2005. This is an equally brilliant moment for Mickey Arthur. The last Champions Trophy cost him his job as Australia coach. Personally, my player of the tournament is Hasan, who ended with 13 wickets. The closest player to him was Australia's Josh Hazlewood, who took 9 - and 6 of those came in his side's opening game against New Zealand. For his 114 from 106 balls, which contained 12 boundaries and three sixes, Fakhar Zaman is the man of the match.

In the chase, Amir claimed three in a short burst which was up there with the best new-ball spells I've ever seen. He trapped Rohit in front, for a duck, had Dhawan caught by Sarfraz for 21 and saw Kolhi hole out to Shadab for 5. Hasan himself claimed three: Dhoni caught by Imad for 4, and Ashwin snaffled by Sarfraz for 1, and it was the same combination which saw Bumrah fall, for 1 as well. Shadab trapped Yuvraj in front on 22 and had Jadhav caught behind on 9, while Hardik was ran out on 76 and Babar caught Jadeja off Junaid for 15.

Pakistan's total was fearsome, but given India's batting depth, many expected them to make it. But Amir was just on another level - and could have sent back Kohli quicker, if Azhar had held that catch. India were 30-3 and then 54-5, but Hardik threatened them, scoring three consecutive sixes off Shadab. But it was an absolute drubbing: 180 is the highest winning margin of any ICC event. 73.71 was the difference between Pakistan's batting and bowling averages in the semi-finals and final of this tournament: they scored 92.16 runs per wicket, and conceded only 18.45 runs per dismissal. They scored 6.34 runs per over, and conceded only 4.59 per over. These numbers indicate their utter dominance in the two biggest games of the tournament, against two of the toughest opponents: they beat England by eight wickets with 77 balls to spare in the semi-finals, and thrashed India by 180 runs in the final.
Absolutely incredible performance, and just shows that Pakistan has so much potential. The issue about funding needs to be addressed so the players can exceed their performances and get to the higher ranks. Clearly, the youngsters such as as Hassan Ali and Shadab etc. have the skill, but the biggest issue for me is the inconsistency the Pakistani side faces. However, with the aid of Mickey Arthur, we are getting on the right tracks to perform well at consistent levels. Truly makes me proud to be a Pakistani when I see the smiles on the faces of the cricketers who believed and achieved beyond everyone's imaginations. Proud Pakistani today. Let's continue on this amazing form, where we can shun all those smug people who believe we are incapable of winning.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Eternalflames
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Virat and few others from the team were bribed to lose.
princess770
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes true

Posted from TSR Mobile
Moltenmo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Eternalflames)
Virat and few others from the team were bribed to lose.
Of course, that must be it. Shameful response.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
338 was Pakistan's total, and that's their highest in any tournament final, and their second-highest in an ODI against India. Their highest against India is 344, but that was in a chase of 350. The opening stand between Azhar Ali and Fakhar Zaman, 128, was Pakistan's first century stand for the first wicket against India in an ICC ODI event. The previous best was 84, between Aamer Sohail and Saaed Anwar, in the 1996 World Cup game in Bengaluru. It is only the second century stand for Pakistan against India in any ICC ODI tournament. 114 was Zaman's score, the fourth-highest by a Pakistan batsman in a World Cup or Champions Trophy game, and the first hundred for Pakistan in the final of these tournaments.

13 wickets for Hasan Ali, which makes him the joint leading wicket-taker in any Champions Trophy tournament. Jerome Taylor had also taken 13 in the 2006 tournament, which was held in India. 6.33 is now Mohammad Amir's average against Rohit Sharma in international matches. Rohit has scored 19 runs in 49 balls, and been dismissed three times. In ODIs, he has scored 18 runs in 42 balls for one dismissal, and in T20Is he has scored only one runs in seven balls, and been dismissed twice.
Moltenmo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mackay)
338 was Pakistan's total, and that's their highest in any tournament final, and their second-highest in an ODI against India. Their highest against India is 344, but that was in a chase of 350. The opening stand between Azhar Ali and Fakhar Zaman, 128, was Pakistan's first century stand for the first wicket against India in an ICC ODI event. The previous best was 84, between Aamer Sohail and Saaed Anwar, in the 1996 World Cup game in Bengaluru. It is only the second century stand for Pakistan against India in any ICC ODI tournament. 114 was Zaman's score, the fourth-highest by a Pakistan batsman in a World Cup or Champions Trophy game, and the first hundred for Pakistan in the final of these tournaments.

13 wickets for Hasan Ali, which makes him the joint leading wicket-taker in any Champions Trophy tournament. Jerome Taylor had also taken 13 in the 2006 tournament, which was held in India. 6.33 is now Mohammad Amir's average against Rohit Sharma in international matches. Rohit has scored 19 runs in 49 balls, and been dismissed three times. In ODIs, he has scored 18 runs in 42 balls for one dismissal, and in T20Is he has scored only one runs in seven balls, and been dismissed twice.
Pakistan beat all records today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
princess770
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So happy pakistan won

Posted from TSR Mobile
princess770
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Is everyone pakistani on this forum just asking

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1439610
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by princess770)
Is everyone pakistani on this forum just asking

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am
kaushikp
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Adnan762)
As an Indian myself, I have to say that a statement like this is not fair at all. Our players have worked tirelessly to represent their team at national level, and have done the country proud more often than not.

Virat Kohli, for instance, played a match-saving innings the morning after the death of his father, just because he knew his dad would have wanted him to continue in pursuit of his dream. And he was only 18 at the time. You only have to let things like that sink in to know how much it means to these guys.

Just saying. Please don't take this the wrong way.
fair point but for us to lose THIS badly makes a lot of indians think that something was not right about this match
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Fakhar began the Champions Trophy as an uncapped drinks carrier and ended it with a maiden one-day international hundred in just his fourth appearance, with an average of 63. Sure, he rode his luck at times, but was ruthless vs Ashwin/Jadeja: he plundered the spin twins for eight fours and three sixes. His hundred led Pakistan to their best batting performance of the decade, allowing their bowlers to enjoy the rare absence of pressure. Zaman's 114 was the highest score by a Pakistan batsman in a final of a World Cup or Champions Trophy, and he scored 51 off his 114 runs between long on and square leg, while Ali and Zaman's 128-run stand was the highest first-wicket partnership against India at an ICC event.

Sarfraz, who has done so well to breathe life into this Pakistani limited overs side, deserves huge credit. He was selfless today, opting to send in Hafeez and Imad in ahead of him, and the duo repaid his faith with a stand of 71 in 45 balls. How fitting it was that Sarfraz took the winning catch to seal the win. His emotional speech had me welling up post-match. As for Azhar, who lost the captaincy, well... I have nothing but respect. He was excellent today, scoring 59 in the opening stand of 128 with Fakhar set the platform.

Pakistan's fielding was much improved - typified by Imad's removal of Dhoni - and while Azhar's drop of Kohli may have proved costly on another day, today it was just a blip in an otherwise majestic display. Their rejuvenation in the field has been remarkable. Amir's revival post-spot fixing has been great to watch, typified by his new ball burst today, and his performance was at odds with Bumrah, whose luck had run out. He conceded 0-68 off nine overs, while B Kumar was the pick of the Indians, claiming 1-44.
Aky786UK
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I was surprised India chose to bowl first. I know Kohli is confident chasing but considering Pakistan may crumble under the pressure of a competitive chase, it might have been worth doing that. But that's being pedantic.

Pakistan exceeded expectations with a strong platform and Amir tore through the opening wickets that not many batsmen could have handled it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Moltenmo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aky786UK)
I was surprised India chose to bowl first. I know Kohli is confident chasing but considering Pakistan may crumble under the pressure of a competitive chase, it might have been worth doing that. But that's being pedantic.

Pakistan exceeded expectations with a strong platform and Amir tore through the opening wickets that not many batsmen could have handled it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Either way, would it have made a difference?

Posted from TSR Mobile
princess770
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes india losed because they batted first which means pakistan made more scores

Posted from TSR Mobile
Moltenmo
Rep:
?
(Original post by princess770)
Yes india losed because they batted first which means pakistan made more scores

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pakistan's bowling is stronger, so Pakistan would have preferred to bowl, had they won the toss. I don't see the validity of your point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (516)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.38%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.37%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.57%

Watched Threads