Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Should I just wing C4? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeCroissant)
    Fair enough, poli shadow
    That's good to know
    (Original post by bhfn)
    Hey

I'm doing edexcel so C3 & C4 this week. I've been revising a lot of C3 the past few weeks hoping to get a solid B in this exam. In terms of C4 I basically almost no nothing except Partial Fractions & some simple integration.

I've seen some of the unofficial mark schemes and I believe so far I have around:
    C1: 66-67 marks
    C2: 60-62 marks
    S1: 50-52 marks
    M1: 52-54 marks
    C3: 56-58 marks (predicted based on past papers average)
    C4: 30 marks (no idea tbh but I don't see myself getting lower than that)

I feel like whatever happens I would still come out with a C so is there much point stressing over C4 after my C3 exam and putting all my effort into it 2 days before the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by bhfn)
    Oh yeah, I can do binomial expansion. I can barely remember the topics 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck for C3 today!!!

ReputationRep:
    Don't wing it; I did that last year and it's caused me a lot more stress this year due to resits.

Try and watch some ExamSolutions videos on the harder chapters like Integration and Vectors, and make sure you just make the standard integration results become solid in your head, because once you've got that down, integration is so much easier. Coordinate geometry, after a few examples, becomes soo much better because it's basically the same technique every time, and there's usually integration/differentiation thrown in there so you can get practice with those topics, too. Partial fractions and binomial expansion are just the same thing every time, too, as long as you've done a few examples. The questions by topic on the Physics and Maths Tutor website are great for that.

I'd just say make sure you go in to the exam with an idea of the basic principles of each chapter, otherwise you'll do what I did and brick it as soon as you open the paper, and that just sets you up to do bad on the topics you thought you could get full marks on.

Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShadowSeeker)
    Good luck for C3 today!!!
    Thank you, hoping it's a good paper and I do well ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geohan)
    Don't wing it; I did that last year and it's caused me a lot more stress this year due to resits.

Try and watch some ExamSolutions videos on the harder chapters like Integration and Vectors, and make sure you just make the standard integration results become solid in your head, because once you've got that down, integration is so much easier. Coordinate geometry, after a few examples, becomes soo much better because it's basically the same technique every time, and there's usually integration/differentiation thrown in there so you can get practice with those topics, too. Partial fractions and binomial expansion are just the same thing every time, too, as long as you've done a few examples. The questions by topic on the Physics and Maths Tutor website are great for that.

I'd just say make sure you go in to the exam with an idea of the basic principles of each chapter, otherwise you'll do what I did and brick it as soon as you open the paper, and that just sets you up to do bad on the topics you thought you could get full marks on.

Good luck!!
    I will be doing that, looking over exam solutions videos and a few past papers but even then we shall see how it goes. I'm just not going to stress about but thank you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.