Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm an engineer and now want to become a dentist.
    I've had a look around and it seems Manchester university may accept me as they do not specify on their website about GCSE reatakes on the pre-dental course. I then will be aiming to complete the BDS.

GCSE:
    Math - A*
    English Language - A
    English Literature - A
    Biology - A*
    Physics - A*
    Chemistry - A*
    History - A*
    Computing - A
    Further Math - A
    German - A*

A-LEVEL:
    Biology - A*
    Chemistry - A
    Physics - A*
    Math - A
    Further math (as private candidate) - A*

Sixth form - 2 years
    Uni- 4 years
    Job - 6 years

DO you think i'll have a chance?? Since now i'm 28yrs. I just want to hear a voice/view of different opinions.

ReputationRep:
    I think you've got a pretty strong chance. Since you have a degree, they would probably look at that since it's your highest qualification. It should be worth looking for Universities that have Dentistry as an undergraduate course. You would need a minimum of two weeks work experience in a dental surgery though I think.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.