Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm an engineer and now want to become a dentist.
    I've had a look around and it seems Manchester university may accept me as they do not specify on their website about GCSE reatakes on the pre-dental course. I then will be aiming to complete the BDS.

GCSE:
    Math - A*
    English Language - A
    English Literature - A
    Biology - A*
    Physics - A*
    Chemistry - A*
    History - A*
    Computing - A
    Further Math - A
    German - A*

A-LEVEL:
    Biology - A*
    Chemistry - A
    Physics - A*
    Math - A
    Further math (as private candidate) - A*

Sixth form - 2 years
    Uni- 4 years
    Job - 6 years

DO you think i'll have a chance?? Since now i'm 28yrs. I just want to hear a voice/view of different opinions.

ReputationRep:
    I think you've got a pretty strong chance. Since you have a degree, they would probably look at that since it's your highest qualification. It should be worth looking for Universities that have Dentistry as an undergraduate course. You would need a minimum of two weeks work experience in a dental surgery though I think.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.