The Student Room Group

6 MARK economics questions

I've been trying for months and still can't get a full 6/6 on any 6 mark question from the iGCSE economics question papers. Can anyone give me an easy solution to remember how to write these?
Original post by deadguy432
I've been trying for months and still can't get a full 6/6 on any 6 mark question from the iGCSE economics question papers. Can anyone give me an easy solution to remember how to write these?

Sorry to see that you have not had a response to this so far.

My question to you is, what do you need to get a 6/6?

Is it a case of practicing answering fhese questions and revising your knowledge for every single topic? Or is it a case of requiring extra research? Or a certain way of writing or structuring it?

Ultimately it comes down to practice but you or your teacher should be in the best place to answer this.
It maybe a bit late to answer your question but what I do is this. For example, the question is: Do the advantages of division of labour always outweigh the disadvantages for a firm? Explain your answer.

To answer this question, the first paragraph would be to give an advantage of division of labour and develop that advantage. Next I would state another advantage.

The second paragraph would be to mention a disadvantage of division of labour and develop that disadvantage. I would again state another disadvantage.

My third paragraph would a conclusion/evaluation. Here, I suggest using the phrase "it depends on".

As an economics student, I can see where you are coming from, but practice makes perfect!
Reply 3
Hi I wanted to ask if application is important and if it carries marks like when you apply 'Division of Labour' top company A which produces XYZ. Is it necessary to include application in your answer? I'm talking about the old spec (A*-G) not the new one (9-1) Also if anyone has any model answers that I could use top study that would be great!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending