Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Ask a Bi-Sexual Anything Watch

ReputationRep:
    do you squeeze avocados before buying ?

:holmes:

(Original post by oneflewovertcn)
    Do you get people who are in denial that bisexuality is a thing and tell you that you can't like both and to 'choose one or the other'? And if so, how do you deal with that?
    I use the analogy of Pepsi and Coke. Most people will vehemently swear by one or the other, based on tiny differences between the two. Some just want a cold, sweet drink and don't really care about much else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oneflewovertcn)
    Do you get people who are in denial that bisexuality is a thing and tell you that you can't like both and to 'choose one or the other'? And if so, how do you deal with that?
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    Isn't bisexuality really just a stepping stone to being gay? I mean cmon.
    Oh isn't this hilarious. Well I will answer you both. For me, it's the difference between Coke and Pepsi. Most people will swear by one, insisting that the other is somehow not good enough. Trying to say that it's a 'stepping stone to being gay' is like saying that in the end, you must choose one drink or the other, because it is simply impossible to like both drinks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stuart Johnson)
    Oh isn't this hilarious. Well I will answer you both. For me, it's the difference between Coke and Pepsi. Most people will swear by one, insisting that the other is somehow not good enough. Trying to say that it's a 'stepping stone to being gay' is like saying that in the end, you must choose one drink or the other, because it is simply impossible to like both drinks.
    So what you're saying is that you're extra thirsty?

ReputationRep:
    Have we become so tolerant and accepting of deviance that you think you can get away with slipping a hyphen into bisexual?

ReputationRep:
    Reporting in. I'm your man to answer questions.
    Us bisexuals are practically invisible in the LGBT community due to a lot of biphobia from gays and lesbians. I've been told by lesbians that they would never date a bisexual woman.

ReputationRep:
    So what you're saying is that you're extra thirsty?
    Underrated reply.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a preference?

ReputationRep:
    So if you were dating a man, who's the woman in the relationship?

ReputationRep:
    Well wasn't that just perfect timing... :laugh:
    Great analogy though. Another good one I came across recently was that bisexual people are like werewolves - when they're human they're still a werewolf, and when they're a wolf they're still a werewolf lol
    I don't get how people seem to think it's impossible to like both - even when you fancy one specific person with a certain gender, it's not like it's set in stone. Don't see what's so difficult for people to understand about that.
    Another question - how did you know you were bisexual and not pansexual? How would you define that difference?

ReputationRep:
    Did you watch the latest doctor who episode where there was a nice conversation with some young Romans on sexuality?

Isn't bisexuality really just a stepping stone to being gay? I mean cmon.
    This is silly. We are talking about people who like both boys and girls. If both genders arouse you, why should you become gay (excluding one?).

(Original post by JuSt_Do_It_)
    Not to be offensive; Doubt nature says bang a male animal in the anus if you wana reproduce.

Why do you want another guys excretions to cover your penis? It's unhygienic, gross and a totally unproductive use of your time.
    This should have no place in society.

(Original post by JuSt_Do_It_)
    *scrutinising gaze* Still weird as fudge though and yeah i forgot to put in the 'too' after the 'not to be'.

Honestly though man if your gona have thoughts of committing sodomy, the homosexual society must mainly be atheist then, right?

I can't see many religious people doing this.
    Because every Christian (or normal Muslim for that matter) lives following exactly the teachings of their false god?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usualsuspects)
    This is silly. We are talking about people who like both boys and girls. If both genders arouse you, why should you become gay (excluding one?).
    Just in case anyone has taken me seriously, I was joking I am bisexual myself and have merely repeated the things others have said to me lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clumsyorange)
    Do you have a preference?
    Probably slightly towards females. It's different factors. Personality-wise, a guy is more likely to be similar to me, which means it's easier to make common ground. Not trying to generalise women in STEM (props to all you ladies), but it IS a male dominated field. Being able to relate to my romantic partner in terms of interests is important. Conversely however, women are more emotionally sensitive, which can often make them a better conversation partner for non-work/hobby related things.

Physically? Meh. Guys with good muscles but not big muscles (lean) turn me on a lot, but boobs are good also. Overall though, I'd say I find women more physically attractive in general.

So if you were dating a man, who's the woman in the relationship?
    Probably me. Not a flamboyant gay myself, but certainly not a dudebro either. Depends on how feminine my partner is.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    do you squeeze avocados before buying ?

:holmes:
    I don't think I've read anything quite so euphemistic today!

Have you come out? If so, how was it? If not, why not?

As someone else mentioned- bisexual, as opposed to pansexual?

Would you be partners with a trans person?

What do you think about non-binary genders?

What's your romantic orientation?

What are your political views?

What are your religious views?

Do you identify as LGBT+? If so, how do you participate within the community?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    Have we become so tolerant and accepting of deviance that you think you can get away with slipping a hyphen into bisexual?
    PRSOM.

I'm starting to think I want to lose my faith in humanity by continuing to scroll through some of the threads on here and seeing people's intolerance. It's hurting my brain.
    I adored your response though

This is a serious question.

Do you have to have both straight and gay (or lesbian) partners at the same time?

I mean even during sex.

I think this must happen by deinition. No?

However, do the sexual orientation of the partners have to be straight and gay (or lesbian)?

Please do tell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This is a serious question.

Do you have to have both straight and gay (or lesbian) partners at the same time?

I mean even during sex.

I think this must happen by deinition. No?

However, do the sexual orientation of the partners have to be straight and gay (or lesbian)?

Please do tell.
    That would be polyamory, so no. Bisexuality is not the same as being polyamorous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Have you come out? If so, how was it? If not, why not?

As someone else mentioned- bisexual, as opposed to pansexual?
    I do not subscribe to the belief that there are more than two genders. Pansexuality implies there being a third gender.
    Would you be partners with a trans person?
    I honestly do not know. I have never met a trans person. On paper, I have no idea. In reality, I also have no idea. I would like to think so, though. FtM is usually quite convincing in my experience. On the other hand, MtF always seems to hit the uncanny valley when I see pictures of people after transition.
    What do you think about non-binary genders?
    Non-existent. Along with the rest of the Tumblr breed of social justice, I hate the competition to be the MOST OPPRESSED. It feels like people stick these labels on themselves so they can be even more special than the next guy. "Well you've struggled with discrimination from the gay community. That's nothing. I'm an asexual panromantic demiboy agender neurodivergent autistic adhd sufferer. You don't even know my struggle". I believe there is a fine line between sexuality and mental illness. It is one of the mysteries of the world why gay people are gay. All we know is that they are.
    What's your romantic orientation?
    This whole concept doesn't make any sense. Physical attraction is a fundamental part of romanticism.
    What are your political views?
    Centrist, possibly slightly libertarian leaning. Definite emphasis on centrism though.
    What are your religious views?
    Atheist.
    Do you identify as LGBT+? If so, how do you participate within the community?
    I tend to avoid the gay 'community'. I find that it is overrun with victim complexes and attention seeking. Campaigning for LGBT rights is something I will always be behind, but what I cannot stand is when people make it their entire personality. This is part of the reason I don't like the concept of non-binary. Identity politics and drawing neat little circles around everyone just increases tension, not decreases.
    word
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    How old were you when first realised that you were romantically interested in both genders?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: June 22, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.