Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

URGENT: For the Unit 5 Edexcel Biology exam on the 20th, what book should I read? Watch

ReputationRep:
    The Hodder book, or the Student book or will the Edexcel revision guide suffice?
    Or should I read specific tops from each book? (If that is the case, I will be forever indebted if someone could list all the topics that are best explained in each book)
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what kind of revision you have already done, but it seems a bit late to read an entire book now, no? I'd say with the timing, you will best continue with the revision guide as the most important ideas are covered. If you don't understand a topic, use the student book to get a background. The practice questions in the revision book are also quite helpful and just do every past paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abk07)
    The Hodder book, or the Student book or will the Edexcel revision guide suffice?
    Or should I read specific tops from each book? (If that is the case, I will be forever indebted if someone could list all the topics that are best explained in each book)
    Thanks
    ummm i would suggest u to read the Edexcel pearson revision guide ONLY and some revision notes. http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/...dexcel-unit-5/ <-this site is helpful
    Spoiler:
    Show

btw dont u take chemistry? O.o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sayema1)
    ummm i would suggest u to read the Edexcel pearson revision guide ONLY and some revision notes. http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/...dexcel-unit-5/ <-this site is helpful
    Spoiler:
    Show

btw dont u take chemistry? O.o

Lol sayema1 NOPE I absolutely can not stand that subject!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abk07)
    Lol sayema1 NOPE I absolutely can not stand that subject!
    ohhhhh alright :rofl:
    actually we have our chemistry unit 5 exam tomorrow so was just wondering why u asking about biology today :rofl: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    ohhhhh alright :rofl:
    actually we have our chemistry unit 5 exam tomorrow so was just wondering why u asking about biology today :rofl: :rofl:
    Good luck. Do let me know how your Bio exam goes. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abk07)
    Good luck. Do let me know how your Bio exam goes. :P
    thanks and no wayy -.- i prefer studying chem than bio!

ReputationRep:
    thanks and no wayy -.- i prefer studying chem than bio!
    I never really understood chem ugh. Bio was fun till AS though now this sucks too lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abk07)
    I never really understood chem ugh. Bio was fun till AS though now this sucks too lol
    haha yehh bio was f***ed up when it came to unit 4 butbutbut chem and maths....bae :heart::love::love:

ReputationRep:
    CGP mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abracus)
    CGP mate
    Don't have the book - we weren't taught from the CGP books. Do you have a pdf?

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone feeling for the exam?

ReputationRep:
    I'm nervous about the part with the article....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CornerCob)
    I'm nervous about the part with the article....

What do you think will come up on the article?

ReputationRep:
    I fear it's about lung function/CVDs etc. I hope not too detailed with the AS topics.....

ReputationRep:
    How did people find it?

ReputationRep:
    I sucked but the paper was okay, I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CornerCob)
    I sucked but the paper was okay, I think
    What did you find hard about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nav1234567)
    What did you find hard about it?
    IAL or GCE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HaveBlue77)
    IAL or GCE?
    gce

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.