Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Breaking: Tourist resort in Mali under attack by 'suspected jihadists' Watch

(Original post by JohnGreek)
    (Original post by StrawbAri)
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    Why would you visit Mali though?
    For the same reason you'd visit the uk or Spain why?
    It's a bit ****
    So, like the UK and Spain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreenBell)
    Could be white terrorists.
    How is race relevant? A Muslim can have any skin colour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Nobody said Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    Nobody said Muslim.
    They're suspected jihadis, so almost certainly Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    I find it offensive when people jump to the conclusion that it must be a Muslim. You're using the word Muslim like they're a different species.

ReputationRep:
    Nobody said Muslim.
    Please do some research before posting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabriellakhan)
    I find it offensive when people jump to the conclusion that it must be a Muslim. You're using the word Muslim like they're a different species.
    What are you actually on about? How is making the factual statement that Muslims can have any skin colour making them seem like a different species? That's straight from your imagination, not from anything I wrote.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aceadria)
    Please do some research before posting.
    Research on what?

ReputationRep:
    Research on what?
    The sources and the information that has been presented up to the point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabriellakhan)
    Maybe it was one of those Jewish jihadis we hear so much about.

:facepalm2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meany Pie)
    Maybe it was one of those Jewish jihadis we hear so much about.

:facepalm2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The sources and the information that has been presented up to the point.
    What are you even talking about? I was responding to a comment, not towards this investigation.

Research before you comment.

ReputationRep:
    What are you even talking about? I was responding to a comment, not towards this investigation.

Research before you comment.
    The sources clearly stated suspected 'jihadis' - would you happen to know of any non-Muslim Jihadis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by we.alz)
    let me just make this clear to you and to everyone here... ISIS are NOT Muslims
    Yes they are. (The following should really be a sticky)

they are a group of people who don't like the way Islam is being followed so they made up their own little religion and said this is the right way to follow Islam BUT it's NOT...
    Nearly right. They are a group of Muslims who believe that Islam has become too modernised and moved away from strictly following the Quran and sunnah.

Islam never said to kill innocent people
    No. But a classical Islamic interpretation of "innocent" is essentially those who submit to Islam and obey god's laws. The Quran and sunnah contain many passages that prescribe or encourage killing people who would be considered "innocent" under the laws of most western countries.

or suicide
    The Quran and sunnah promise great reward for those who die "fighting in the way of Allah" and those who were willing to give up their lives for their faith are praised in Islam.

or force people to follow Islam,
    Again, the Quran and sunnah contain passages that clearly call for fighting until all disbelief is eradicated and that one way to avoid death is to convert

however ISIS did!
    ISIS are merely following the Quran and sunnah. Just because the majority of Muslims no longer follow those passages doesn't mean they are not there. Remember that not one word of the Quran can be changed or rejected (this is something that needs to change).

Actually, Islam says the complete opposite,, suicide is not allowed in Islam because God gave you this life and only he can take it away...
    "Suicide" may be forbidden, but dying while fighting an enemy is highly praised.

You can't force people to follow this religion because
    Possibly not, but the Quran and sunnah do say that they can be killed if they refuse to submit, which amounts to the same thing.

ISIS does not represent Islam or Muslims please get this straight!
    It does represent one particular interpretation of Islam, and it represents those Muslims who favour that interpretation. In some countries, as many as 20% of Muslims have a "favourable opinion" of ISIS. When added up around the world, this equates to many millions of Muslims who support ISIS! This is an issue that needs to be addressed and simply claiming that it has "nothing to do with Islam" does not help. The first step to resolving a problem is admitting that you have a problem http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...dain-for-isis/

ReputationRep:
    The sources clearly stated suspected 'jihadis' - would you happen to know of any non-Muslim Jihadis?
    Are you incapable of reading what I wrote?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawbAri)
    For the same reason you'd visit the uk or Spain why?
    I'd suggest people visit the UK and Spain for very different reasons.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 24, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.