Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Pakistan DESTROYS India Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Future.)
    I still don't understand why Pakistani's just don't get along with Indians and vice versa.

SmokingChains
    they do but this is the biggest sporting rivalry in the world, why wouldn't people be excited?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I cannot believe this is Pakistan's first 50-over trophy since the 1992 World Cup. I know they are mercurial, unpredictable, ranked No. 8 in the world now, but that is remarkable. They need to make sure this is the start of more success. For what it's worth, I felt Kohli handled himself very well post-match. He pulled no punches, was open and said India weren't good enough. But today is Pakistan's day and it's all about them. It was a phenomenal performance, and the country as a whole deserve this. What a day for them to experience. For me this up there with Federer winning the Australian earlier in the year, unexpected but so sweet. I love Pakistani cricket - and make no mistake, they didn't just edge past India. This was a drubbing.

Before today, Kohli had to bat only three times in the first over, at No. 3. Two of those instances occurred when India were chasing: vs Oz in 2010 and Pakistan two years later. Both times Kohli took India home with a century. His 183 against Pakistan in the 2012 Asia Cup final remains his highest score in ODIs. But today, he came up against an Amir who was out of the game due to spot fixing in 2012.

India were bad. Batting, bowling, fielding and intensity - they fell short in all of these, and their real misstep was not concocting a partnership, largely because of Amir's genius with the ball. Hardik gave them hope, and Kumar was solid, but the rest of today for India was all negative. They could have conceded far less extras, too. They shelled 25 today. Today belongs to Pakistan - and Fakhar - who, remarkably, told the Pakistan physio he didn't think he would be fit to play the night before the Champions Trophy final.

Bumrah finished with three no-balls and five wides. The opening partnership that he didn't break put on more than a hundred runs. And Pakistan could have been strangled once the mammoth opening partnership was ended. For the next two overs, there are only six runs, as the Indian spinners, who had been struggling to get back on top, built pressure. But then Fakhar racked up 33 runs in two overs. Think of how Shadab - the youngest player to ever play an ICC final - claimed Yuvraj, though. Yuvraj has done it all - from winning tournaments, appearing in final after final, to beating cancer. But today he was undone by a teenager, who was given the backing of his captain when wanting a review. Fair play to Pakistan. They were brave and excellent. They recovered from a battering by India to beat SA, the world's No 1 ranked white-ball side, and then got past England - the hosts and favourites - before today's miracle.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: June 18, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.