Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

How many languages do you know? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Not GCSE level Spanish, I mean properly fluent. I'm fluent in nearly eight languages! German, Italian, Hebrew, Croatian, Polish, Spanish, Flemish & Korean. I can also read and understand Cyrillic and Japanese! How about you guys? I'm also curious to see how people learn languages, by age five I was already fluent in three so I just have a knack for these sort of things.

ReputationRep:
    English and Dutch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomatomo)
    Not GCSE level Spanish, I mean properly fluent. I'm fluent in nearly eight languages! German, Italian, Hebrew, Croatian, Polish, Spanish, Flemish & Korean. I can also read and understand Cyrillic and Japanese! How about you guys? I'm also curious to see how people learn languages, by age five I was already fluent in three so I just have a knack for these sort of things.

• Antigua and Barbuda
    • Australia
    • The Bahamas
    • Barbados
    • Belize
    • Canada*
    • Dominica
    • Grenada
    • Guyana
    • Ireland
    • Jamaica
    • New Zealand
    • St Kitts and Nevis
    • St Lucia
    • St Vincent and the Grenadines
    • Trinidad and Tobago
    • United Kingdom
    • United States of America

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomatomo)
    I speak four languages completely fluently and can cope well in related languages. Fat lot of good it does me when I need to communicate with my adolescent son, though... :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna Schoon)
    I speak four languages completely fluently and can cope well in related languages. Fat lot of good it does me when I need to communicate with my adolescent son, though... :unsure:
    same here i know 4 languages too

ReputationRep:
    Languages I know = English. French, Spanish and Welsh

Languages I'm properly fluent in = None

Poll
Should gherkins be in burgers?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.