Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. I'm so anxious for results day. I feel like I'm going to be 1-2 marks off what I want etc. Also just taking my mum with me and stuff. It's all just nerve racking. Any tips? Much appreciated 😊

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing you can do about it now, best just to enjoy them time you have and deal with it when it comes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by __gurlll1011__)
    Hi guys. I'm so anxious for results day. I feel like I'm going to be 1-2 marks off what I want etc. Also just taking my mum with me and stuff. It's all just nerve racking. Any tips? Much appreciated 😊
    Lol, it's nothing deep. Ima just go to school at 9a.m. get the paper and apply for the sixth form and retakes for any GCSEs i got less than B in.
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by __gurlll1011__)
    You did what you could, just enjoy the time that you have off.

ReputationRep:
    It ain't that big a deal. If it makes you feel better, get your mum to read the result to you

ReputationRep:
    You're definitely not alone! I'm so stressed about maths as it's always been my weakest subject + this is a retake and I really, really don't want to take it again.

My advice is to breathe, read a book, chat to some friends; enjoy your summer before it's inevitably ruined by more school/college/uni. Stay positive and have high hopes; if you studied, you should be okay! Don't think about what might happen, focus on what will happen - you getting the results you want. 😊

ReputationRep:
    Enjoy your summer.

Whatever happens on results day, know what options you have - have a plan B and have some people that you can talk to.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't get all A*s/A's its not the end of the world, even with B's you can get into most (top) universities with good A level results

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    If you don't get all A*s/A's its not the end of the world, even with B's you can get into most (top) universities with good A level results
    Thanks!! Messages like these motivate me and reassure me 🙂🙂

ReputationRep:
    Read your results from lowest to highest, read them to yourself first take a minute to take it in, so you don't get overwhelmed, and then say it to your parents.

ReputationRep:
    eh. not with just B's, you can get in with a mix of A's and B's, but your a levels need to be above 3A*. Which is doable

ReputationRep:
    Some people on results day are grabbing their results and legging it. 😂😂😂😂 Since they don't want to open it in school for the teachers to take pictures of their reactions.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry I have it worse... my mum's birthday is results day (17th august) and she and my sister will be coming in with me to collect the results. So I'm f***** if I get bad A2 results (as I'll also not get into a good uni)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAlchemistress)
    Some people on results day are grabbing their results and legging it. 😂😂😂😂 Since they don't want to open it in school for the teachers to take pictures of their reactions.
    that's literally cancer

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I thought I'd share this here. I'm currently a uni student but made a video about how to cope with results day so you should check it out and I hope its useful! I'll be doing more over summer too
    Name:  results day thumbnail.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  170.7 KB
    https://youtu.be/Y71j7Clszvk

ReputationRep:
    Am most probably going to sit down and not open my results and look at everyone's reactions. Then I will open it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JuSt_Do_It_)
    Lol, it's nothing deep. Ima just go to school at 9a.m. get the paper and apply for the sixth form and retakes for any GCSEs i got less than B in.
    👍 that's good.

True, even people who graduate with really good degrees find it hard to get a job. But then people who don't get the best results find good jobs.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.