I'm currently in year 12 and have just sat my AS Level exams. I have taken Maths, English Lit, History and Religious Studies. I also am made to the Welsh Bacc. I plan on dropping maths at A2. I received 11A*s, 1A and distinction in additional maths at GCSE
At the moment, I am considering applying for PPE, though have various different questions, and would appreciate some help answering as many as you can!!
1) is PPE outside Oxford well regarded? Would it be better to do PPE in a non-Oxbridge Russell Group university or law in a non-Oxford Russel group university.
2) Are my subjects likely to deter me from getting an offer from Oxford even with, say
, 3As at AS as I have not taken Economics, Philsophy or politics?
3) I am also considering PPL at King's College London as I am not too fussed on the idea of economics. Is this a well regarded degree or a rip off of PPE?
4) I am also interested in the Human, Political and Social sciences at Cambridge though don't know whether this would be too scientific?? I heard it features a bit of biology.
5) If I applied for PPE Oxford, HSPS Cambrdige, PPL in KCL and law in two other universities (one having a lower grade requirement just in case I need it) would this:
a - be accepted as I have applied to not Have a Cambridge and Oxford
b - lead to a very messy personal statement?
If I definitely can't apply to both Oxford and Cambridge, could I apply for law at Oxford as well as PPE there?
Sorry for the load of questions, just needed to get it out of mind!!
- 0 followers
- 0 badges
- Thread Starter
Last edited by RobertLBrown; 3 days ago at 15:58.
- 4 days ago 4d ago
- 0 followers
- 1 badge
- 3 days ago 3d ago
You can only apply to one course in all of Oxford, so you definitely can't apply to both HSPS in Cambridge and PPE in Oxford or both Law and PPE in Oxford.