Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Im 18 is it too late for me to take a-levels???? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, so I'm 18 and finishing my Health and Social Care Extended Subsidiary Diploma Level 3 very soon. I really don't know why I chose to do Health and Social Care.. I mean I got fairly decent GCSE grades (10 GCSE passes mainly grade B and A) so I could've easily done an A-level course that I was interested in e.g. Biology chemistry and physics which I got a grade B in additional science. The course that I want to apply in university requires 3 A-Levels. So I was wondering if it's too late for me to do an A-Level course and would the colleges/sixth forms get me in? Would I need to pay since I would be turning 19 in A2?

ReputationRep:
    Potentially. It is never to late to overthrow the bourgeoisie!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by okkon)
    Hey everyone, so I'm 18 and finishing my Health and Social Care Extended Subsidiary Diploma Level 3 very soon. I really don't know why I chose to do Health and Social Care.. I mean I got fairly decent GCSE grades (10 GCSE passes mainly grade B and A) so I could've easily done an A-level course that I was interested in e.g. Biology chemistry and physics which I got a grade B in additional science. The course that I want to apply in university requires 3 A-Levels. So I was wondering if it's too late for me to do an A-Level course and would the colleges/sixth forms get me in? Would I need to pay since I would be turning 19 in A2?
    It's not too late to do A-Levels. Getting into a school for A-Levels would depend what the schools policy. You should contact all of the sixth forms that you're interested in and ask them if it is possible for you to sit A-Levels because no-one on this site can give you a definite answer.

ReputationRep:
    I've read stories of people starting their Medical careers (Starting their undergrad in Medicine) in their late 30s, some even in their 40s so you'll definitely be fine.

ReputationRep:
    nope its not late

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the college maybe. A guy in my class is already 20 but he's doing A-Levels, his case is a bit different though as he just moved here a couple of years ago when he was 18 to do A-Levels.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you'd have to pay because you'll already have a level 3 qualification

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Still A Remainer Or A Brexiteer?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.