Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Pleased with my GCSE results! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the CCEA gcse ict grade boundaries are? I got 242/300 and that is an A.

ReputationRep:
    I got:

Chem B
    Physics B
    Maths A
    Eng Lan A
    Eng Lit A
    Bio A*
    French A

Very disappointed with the Chem + Physics as I was predicted As and got nothing less all year. Took all a year early though so I have time to retake.

ReputationRep:
    Maths A*
    Chem A*
    Bio A*
    Physics A*
    ICT A*
    History *
    Music A
    French A
    English language A
    Engish lit B

Curse you Wordsworth, and your belle dame sans merci

ReputationRep:
    Maths A*
    ICT A*
    PE A*
    Eng Lit A*
    Eng A
    RE A
    BS A
    Geog A
    Double Sci AA
    German B
    D.T B

ReputationRep:
    English Language: A*
    English Lit: A*
    Maths: A*
    Double Science: A* A*
    French: A*
    Spanish: A*
    Geography: A*
    History: A*
    ICT: A*
    RE:A*
    Food: A

11 A*s & an A.

ReputationRep:
    Methinks something screwy has been happening with AQA English Lit. Everyone I know seems to be getting Bs, even though they are really good at the whole English Lit side of things. Two people I know got A*s for Eng language, but only Bs for literature. Virtually everyone I asked in my school got a B for English Lit, and this is a top 20 grammar school. That can't be right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    Methinks something screwy has been happening with AQA English Lit. Everyone I know seems to be getting Bs, even though they are really good at the whole English Lit side of things. Two people I know got A*s for Eng language, but only Bs for literature. Virtually everyone I asked in my school got a B for English Lit, and this is a top 20 grammar school. That can't be right.
    Me too... I got a two grade difference between Lang and Literature. I didn't think they've screwed up though, I knew I'd messed my test up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Me too... I got a two grade difference between Lang and Literature. I didn't think they've screwed up though, I knew I'd messed my test up.
    Funnily enough I thought I'd messed up English Lang and would get a C/D. I got an A for it! I thought I'd done really well in English Lit, good enough for an A, but got a B. Just goes to show you never can tell.

Apparently our school is sending our Eng Lit papers off to be remarked. That's not definite though.

ReputationRep:
    Funnily enough I thought I'd messed up English Lang and would get a C/D. I got an A for it! I thought I'd done really well in English Lit, good enough for an A, but got a B. Just goes to show you never can tell.

Apparently our school is sending our Eng Lit papers off to be remarked. That's not definite though.
    I got an A* in English Lang (and still can't believe it as I honestly could never have expected that!) and an A in English Lit. I thought I'd mucked them up completely!

ReputationRep:
    I got an A* in lang and B in lit, hmm fishy.

ReputationRep:
    Most people at my school seemed to get As for English edexcel even with all the rest A* including English Lit.

ReputationRep:

Well, well done! It is harder to get an A* in English Language than Literature, and if lots of people were getting B's, I'd imagine it would make it very difficult to get an A. My coursework for Literature was v. high, but I was expecting my B.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Widowmaker)
    Odd? Me too... it's an odd difference to have.

ReputationRep:
    hey sugaplum and all u others who helped me through the difficult time i gtot my results and passed well with at least a B in evry subject with no fails wot so ever and am well chuffed as many other people failed in 1 or 2 and got a d grade from my class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mayb i dint get all a* grades but i did welll enough for a place at da sixth form i bin dieing to go to for years as i failed my exams be4
    i just wanna say thanks to sugaplum or replying my last thread and every1 else and im soooooooooooo hapyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    i got a B in maths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooo im loving this all luv stacey camp from burmingham!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Widowmaker)
    I got that last year, as did TONS of people in my year who were expecting an A for both. Weird...

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.