The Student Room Group

Film Studies or Film Production?

I will be applying to start in September 2018, and am wondering what the pros and cons of these two different BAs are. I feel (from an uneducated perspective) that Film Studies would be less useful, but would be better respected, whereas Film Production would be far more useful when it comes to learning practical skills, but could look a bit 'BTEC' in comparison. If anyone has any perspectives on this or knows things it would be nice for them to let me know what they think/know.

Thanks!
Original post by natohan
I will be applying to start in September 2018, and am wondering what the pros and cons of these two different BAs are. I feel (from an uneducated perspective) that Film Studies would be less useful, but would be better respected, whereas Film Production would be far more useful when it comes to learning practical skills, but could look a bit 'BTEC' in comparison. If anyone has any perspectives on this or knows things it would be nice for them to let me know what they think/know.

Thanks!

Do you want to study film in an academic manner or do you want to make films?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by natohan

Thanks!

Hello :smile:

What type of career do you want to get into in the film industry? If you are interested in Filmmaking (e.g. Directing, Producing, Scriptwriting, editing, camera operator) then I would strongly recommend Film Production as it is a more practical course and very thoughtafter in the film industry. If you wanted a more academic approach to your learning then Film Studies would be a good choice.

Thanks

Holly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending