Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I will be applying to start in September 2018, and am wondering what the pros and cons of these two different BAs are. I feel (from an uneducated perspective) that Film Studies would be less useful, but would be better respected, whereas Film Production would be far more useful when it comes to learning practical skills, but could look a bit 'BTEC' in comparison. If anyone has any perspectives on this or knows things it would be nice for them to let me know what they think/know.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natohan)
    I will be applying to start in September 2018, and am wondering what the pros and cons of these two different BAs are. I feel (from an uneducated perspective) that Film Studies would be less useful, but would be better respected, whereas Film Production would be far more useful when it comes to learning practical skills, but could look a bit 'BTEC' in comparison. If anyone has any perspectives on this or knows things it would be nice for them to let me know what they think/know.

Thanks!
    Do you want to study film in an academic manner or do you want to make films?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natohan)

Thanks!
    Hello

What type of career do you want to get into in the film industry? If you are interested in Filmmaking (e.g. Directing, Producing, Scriptwriting, editing, camera operator) then I would strongly recommend Film Production as it is a more practical course and very thoughtafter in the film industry. If you wanted a more academic approach to your learning then Film Studies would be a good choice.

Thanks

Holly

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.