Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of applying to study Hispanic Studies at Sheffield Uni but you have to take part in a Think Create project in your first semester and I literally haven't seen one good review of it from researching the initiative. It's really putting me off taking the course so I was wondering if anyone has any personal experiences with it even if it's in a different degree?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have to do Think Create, but everyone I lived with did and they all thought it was an awful waste of time and did nothing but complain about it. But that said, every degree no matter where you go will have boring group work that all you'll do is complain about and hate, they just won't be as open about advertising the fact.

However, it is one of those things that will be helpful to write about on job applications etc as you'll be able to pull lots of 'experiences' from it to write about, even if it seems to be painful at the time.

ReputationRep:
    It's literally a week of not having exams, dossing about, and meeting new people in different disciplines. There are worse things to do.

Poll
Would you rather

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.