Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

How are you keeping cool in the heat? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently sitting in my underwear, with two fans on their highest settings, drinking chilled rosé wine with my bedroom windows open. How are you doing it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glassapple)
    I'm currently sitting in my underwear, with two fans on their highest settings, drinking chilled rosé wine with my bedroom windows open. How are you doing it?
    Sat in underwear fan on and window open

ReputationRep:
    with a mini fan...

you must be white ?

ReputationRep:
    Fancy.
    I've taken about three showers today alone and am now drinking iced water

ReputationRep:
    Small room with an Xbox, Laptop and TV on is a bit stuffy. Thankfully my fan reaches everywhere in the room and my window opens all the way so it's not too stuffy.

Compared to my friend's GPU melting a couple weeks back, I'm not too worried.

ReputationRep:
    Sitting here with a duvet ... but I'm Pakistani so you know...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by study beats)
    with a mini fan...

you must be white ?
    Yes I'm white, but why 'must' I be?

(Original post by saharan_skies)
    Fancy.
    I've taken about three showers today alone and am now drinking iced water
    It's likely to get worse tomorrow, we'll both be having even more showers

ReputationRep:
    i took a shower with REALLY cold water and exfoliated. i didnt wear any makeup because i wanted to let my skin breathe cos it was so hot. i drank a lot of water and revised for my end of year exams (start tomorrow eek) with ice cream. went out in leggings and short sleeve top to restaurant also and was dying because it was so hot in the car. btw how much, on a scale of 1-10, does the rose wine work?

ReputationRep:
    Wine is a sensible choice, even if it doesn't chill you because of the temperature, alcohol still attenuates sensations (at least for me).

Swimming pool and drinking during the day, right now it's not very hot in my bedroom.

ReputationRep:
    Not moving.

ReputationRep:
    being myself!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Cider and being semi-naked with my high velocity floor fan blasting at maximum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by study beats)
    with a mini fan...

you must be white ?
    And you must be black for saying this (?).

ReputationRep:
    I've actually felt really cold today But that is because I was at work yesterday in a shop in a massive shopping centre, on the hottest floor and our A/C is broken and my uniform is mostly black. Apparently it was 34 degrees outside the shop. But I am still in shorts and a t-shirt.

ReputationRep:
    I have my fan on and my door/window is fully open. I would be in my pants as well but my family is sitting down outside on the patio.

Really though I am coping just because of sheer will right now, I have chemistry paper 2 tomorrow and It is gonna be hotter then!!! No way, forget that!
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Got a lot of fans :cool:
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Eating way too many Soleros, and then consequently wondering why I have so many stretch marks on my thighs...

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I make sure everyone knows I listen to Indie music, that's how I keep cool.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Sitting completely naked with 3 butlers fanning me while 70 virgins pour champagne into my rectum and a further 70 virgins drop grapes into my mouth.

All the while being sexually stimulated by 70 women that were virgins just a little while ago, if you know what I mean.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.