Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

The Werewolves of TSR - Round 5: Night two Watch

• View Poll Results: Who should the village lynch?
    Cognition!
    7.69%
    Laurawatt
    0%
    Kraggor
    23.08%
    Labrador
    15.38%
    bizzy_penguin
    0%
    Thatsagoodone
    7.69%
    IkeaPanda
    30.77%
    Kholmes
    0%
    Airmed
    0%
    Cemsimon
    0%
    Reshyna
    7.69%
    tmd12345
    7.69%
    Jabbathemuttdog
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michiyo)
    What country are you in? I can convert that to UK time if you tell me
    Oh I'm in the UK, I can just never remember whether summer time is +1 or not. 22:30 as it is, in sunny old UK. I only mentioned it because I believe cemsimon is in France? Or Spain?

You wouldn't believe I'm a fully functioning adult...
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Sinnie_)
    Oh I'm in the UK, I can just never remember whether summer time is +1 or not. 22:30 as it is, in sunny old UK. I only mentioned it because I believe cemsimon is in France? Or Spain?

The UK is in GMT+1/UTC+1 during summer.

Spain is split between GMT+1/UTC+1 and GMT+2/UTC+2 during summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bizzy_penguin)
    me?? please dont suspect me! I genuinly forgot to vote I was travelling that day and was so tired I fell straight to sleep, I planned to vote as soon as i arrived at my destination except the voted had then close
    Fair enough- I just remembered that you said that at the time, so apologies for asking you again

To be fair, I did say you didn't have to lynch anyone
    As soon as the first couple of people voted without any discussion though, we kinda did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kraggor)
    I wouldn't dare vote for anyone with no information, I wouldn't someone innocent to be lynched :cry2:
    (Original post by laurawatt)
    Mainly because I know that random lynching isn't always the way forwards. People start to suspect you even if you vote with the the majority.

(Original post by cemsimon)
    I didn't vote because I didn't have enough "proof" to vote against anyone. I know that maybe that's the wrong way to do it, but I rather be safe than sorry.

Hi cemsimon, laurawatt and Kraggor This is pretty much what I said to Holmes already...
    I do get why you didn't vote, and it is always difficult on the first night, with nothing to go on
    The thing is though, if the werewolves all vote (no idea whether they did or not, otherwise we would have a very easy job today!), and only half of the town aligned players vote, the werewolves suddenly get huge power in the daytime lynch, on top of choosing someone to kill during the night. Given that at most, any player had 2 other players vote against them, there didn't seem to be any major group voting, but I cannot possibly know whether any or all of the werewolves voted or not- they could be lurking in the shadows and keeping quiet (which has been used successfully by some players in the past)
    It's ultimately up to you whether or not you vote, but personally, I will always use my vote (and always have in rounds 2-4), no matter what role I have. That's true about me in real life too, except that this is much harder to vote in than the general election!

ReputationRep:
    Another vote for me wow Well itll be your loss

I'm gonna vote for tmd12345 - been really quiet so far and gave a defence that isnt really a defence

ReputationRep:
    Kholmes1 I would like to ask you to provide your reasons for voting for me? I can assure you that I am innocent

cemsimon Kraggor Would you mind explaining your votes. I am not questioning who you have voted for, but rather why- was it based on suspicions, knowledge, or randomness?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Labrador99)
    Kholmes1 I would like to ask you to provide your reasons for voting for me? I can assure you that I am innocent

cemsimon Kraggor Would you mind explaining your votes. I am not questioning who you have voted for, but rather why- was it based on suspicions, knowledge, or randomness?
    I think one of your posts where you tagged everyone who hasn't voted and asking why made me suspicious of you. I find that people who does that are usually a wolf. As they are a wolf, they get involved more, acting as a leader (well you are sheriff so idk.) to make people less suspicious of them.
    I found that it works a lot in Towns of Salem and seems to work here as well.

Although, you might just be getting more involved because you wanted to and well you are sheriff. But there seems to be a fairly strong correlation between this stuff.

Though something you said afterwards made me less suspicious so idk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kholmes1)
    I think one of your posts where you tagged everyone who hasn't voted and asking why made me suspicious of you. I find that people who does that are usually a wolf. As they are a wolf, they get involved more, acting as a leader (well you are sheriff so idk.) to make people less suspicious of them.
    I found that it works a lot in Towns of Salem and seems to work here as well.

Although, you might just be getting more involved because you wanted to and well you are sheriff. But there seems to be a fairly strong correlation between this stuff.

Though something you said afterwards made me less suspicious so idk.
    I do see where your logic come from (and I think it is very good you are using logic and reasoning out your decision- that is so important in this game!), but I am innocent. In my opinion, being sheriff means slightly different things to different people. But, to me it is about leading and encouraging discussion, which inevitable involves questioning people why they voted for who they did (and equally, why they didn't vote), in order to try and help everyone else decide who to vote on, based on what people have said, rather than random guesses or a 'lucky dip' method. As I said before, I get why you didn't vote on the first night, but at the same time, every vote does count and I will always vote (in this game and in real life, which might be why I was a bit suspicious of those who didn't vote). I was only trying to initiate discussion and (as not voting is a choice of how you use your vote, just as voting for an individual is), then it only seemed fair to question those who had cast their vote for no one, just as I did with those who voted for another individual.
    I hope that made sense and wasn't just a huge ramble!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

I love how the sheriff always gets accused... It's a wonder I lasted for so long and Protostar lasted like a whole game

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    I love how the sheriff always gets accused... It's a wonder I lasted for so long and Protostar lasted like a whole game

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lool.
    Tbh when I voted I forgot they were sheriff.

But the sheriffs (at least in the last game) were wolves. Wolves has more of a motive to become sheriffs maybe idk?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

lool.

But the sheriffs (at least in the last game) were wolves. Wolves has more of a motive to become sheriffs maybe idk?
    They do and they don't. You are either very visible or invisible as a wolf :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

panda just seemed abit too out of place and over the top with his discussion I have a "keen" suspicion on his part.

ReputationRep:
    panda just seemed abit too out of place and over the top with his discussion I have a "keen" suspicion on his part.
    Thanks for explaining Kraggor- fair enough reasoning

lool.

Only 1/2 of them was a werewolf It just so happens that (after the sheriff election), cupid chose them as lovers- Paracosm went into the role with the best of town aligned intentions, but cupid got in the way and we ended up in the strange situation where the coalition of sheriff lovers were not sided with the town or the werewolves. That was a very unusual game

ReputationRep:
    Ironic how your picture is of a panda.

ReputationRep:

Haha I'm in Spain, it's +01:00 to UK time in most of Europe

ReputationRep:

I voted for panda for basically the same reasons as Kraggor, Panda doesn't seem to be I over playing his innocence, which kind of puts up some red flags. I'm kinda trying to follow my gut instinct (terribly I think).

ReputationRep:
    bizzy_penguin Since I have asked the others who have voted, it is only fair that I ask you too
    Would you mind explaining your vote? I am not questioning who you have voted for, but rather why- was it based on suspicions, knowledge, or randomness?

ReputationRep:
    Just got back and casted my vote
    (Just in time it seems too!)

ReputationRep:
    IKEAPanda37 You now have a few people voting against you. Having read through the threads again, I cannot disagree or argue with their logic and no one else has come across as overly or unusually suspicious to me so far. I must also take into consideration that not everyone suspects things- some people know. Do you have anything to say for yourself?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    bizzy_penguin Since I have asked the others who have voted, it is only fair that I ask you too
    Would you mind explaining your vote? I am not questioning who you have voted for, but rather why- was it based on suspicions, knowledge, or randomness?
    I am goimg by what I suspected in Night One - even though the description in the story is meant to have no correlation to characters roles (like you said). At this stage its the only thing i can go by without literally picking a random player.

Poll
Do you honestly judge a book by its cover?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.