Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Werewolves of TSR - Round 5: Night two Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Who should the village lynch?
    Cognition!
    7.69%
    Laurawatt
    0%
    Kraggor
    23.08%
    Labrador
    15.38%
    bizzy_penguin
    0%
    Thatsagoodone
    7.69%
    IkeaPanda
    30.77%
    Kholmes
    0%
    Airmed
    0%
    Cemsimon
    0%
    Reshyna
    7.69%
    tmd12345
    7.69%
    Jabbathemuttdog
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurawatt)
    Just got back and casted my vote
    (Just in time it seems too!)
    1 hour left of voting

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna vote for Lab.I agree with Kholmes1 in the fact that you seem to have a large motive to lead. Sorry mate. :bawling: :lovehug:

I was thinking about Panda too for reasons previously stated.

If any one is suspecting me:

1) I am innocent
    2)I'm inactive due to some personal issues so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bizzy_penguin)
    I am goimg by what I suspected in Night One - even though the description in the story is meant to have no correlation to characters roles (like you said). At this stage its the only thing i can go by without literally picking a random player.
    I can't argue with a gut instinct, and I have already said my piece on the storytelling, so I won't repeat myself (thank goodness, you think ) but thank you for clarifying your reasoning for your vote

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabbathemuttdog)
    I'm gonna vote for Lab.I agree with Kholmes1 in the fact that you seem to have a large motive to lead. Sorry mate. :bawling: :lovehug:

I was thinking about Panda too for reasons previously stated.

If any one is suspecting me:

1) I am innocent
    2)I'm inactive due to some personal issues so.
    As I said to Holmes- I am the elected sheriff- it is my understanding that I am meant to lead the village in discussion, as I believe every previous sheriff has. If I have understood this wrong, however, someone please tell me what I have been elected for! I said in my manifesto I would lead discussion- I am just trying to uphold that- which is what people voted for! I genuinely do not understand this reason for voting. I mean, if you think I'm a wolf, fair enough vote for me (even though I am innocent), but I cannot understand voting against me for only doing what the village voted for me to do! If I've got this wrong, please tell me though I'm not getting at you personally jabba, but the reasoning just seems a bit well, wolfy (although I completely understand your reasons for not being so active )

ReputationRep:
    laurawatt
    Since I have asked the others who have voted, it is only fair that I ask you too
    Would you mind explaining your vote? I am not questioning who you have voted for, but rather why- was it based on suspicions, knowledge, or randomness?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Labrador99)
    As I said to Holmes- I am the elected sheriff- it is my understanding that I am meant to lead the village in discussion, as I believe every previous sheriff has. If I have understood this wrong, however, someone please tell me what I have been elected for! I said in my manifesto I would lead discussion- I am just trying to uphold that- which is what people voted for! I genuinely do not understand this reason for voting. I mean, if you think I'm a wolf, fair enough vote for me (even though I am innocent), but I cannot understand voting against me for only doing what the village voted for me to do! If I've got this wrong, please tell me though I'm not getting at you personally jabba, but the reasoning just seems a bit well, wolfy (although I completely understand your reasons for not being so active )
    Wow Lab, you're putting up a fight.

However I must say it is common fact, that when you blame and criticise others, you are usually avoiding some truth about yourself. 🐸☕️

Attachment 666034

What happens with a tie? Second vote?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    laurawatt
    Since I have asked the others who have voted, it is only fair that I ask you too
    Would you mind explaining your vote? I am not questioning who you have voted for, but rather why- was it based on suspicions, knowledge, or randomness?
    I gotta ask since you're so insistent on who we all have voted for: who are you going to vote for and why? The sheriff can't escape questions either!

ReputationRep:
    Wow Lab, you're putting up a fight.

However I must say it is common fact, that when you blame and criticise others, you are usually avoiding some truth about yourself. 🐸☕️

Attachment 666034

I'm not arguing about the fact that you voted for me- it's just the reasoning that I object to, as it doesn't make any sense to me

ReputationRep:
    I'm not arguing about the fact that you voted for me- it's just the reasoning that I object to, as it doesn't make any sense to me
    That's fine.

ReputationRep:
    IKEAPanda37 You now have a few people voting against you. Having read through the threads again, I cannot disagree or argue with their logic and no one else has come across as overly or unusually suspicious to me so far. I must also take into consideration that not everyone suspects things- some people know. Do you have anything to say for yourself?
    Nothing new to what I've said already. You've just got to trust me bc I'm innocent, vote for me if you want, I really couldn't care less but I'm innocent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    I gotta ask since you're so insistent on who we all have voted for: who are you going to vote for and why? The sheriff can't escape questions either!
    You are perfectly within your right to ask and I fully expect to be questioned I'll answer the best I can...
    So, at the moment, I have a few people I am suspicious of: IKEAPanda37 (as I mentioned earlier- I think it was on page 4) and Kraggor (this one is a bit of a gut feel that I had in day 1 too, but I was reluctant to go on a gut feel on day 1). Reshyna and Cognition! have been very quiet: As I have said before, being quiet is not necessarily a reason to vote for a player, but equally, there have previously been some very quiet werewolves in the game, so while there might be no real reason to suspect them, we can't just let them 'slip under the radar'. Players I'm inclined to believe are town aligned are ThatsAGoodOne349 (based on some of the things they have said/done), yourself, Airmed (as I said before) and I think that Kholmes1 is also innocent. As for everyone else, they are somewhere in between. I don't know enough to be able to say any of this with certainty though and it is absolutely subject to change as the game goes on. Hopefully this is what you were looking for- if you have any more questions, I'll do my best to answer them

ReputationRep:
    The vote is now closed, DORIS is chugging away - I'll get writing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Sinnie_)
    The vote is now closed, DORIS is chugging away - I'll get writing!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    You are perfectly within your right to ask and I fully expect to be questioned I'll answer the best I can...
    So, at the moment, I have a few people I am suspicious of: IKEAPanda37 (as I mentioned earlier- I think it was on page 4) and Kraggor (this one is a bit of a gut feel that I had in day 1 too, but I was reluctant to go on a gut feel on day 1). Reshyna and Cognition! have been very quiet: As I have said before, being quiet is not necessarily a reason to vote for a player, but equally, there have previously been some very quiet werewolves in the game, so while there might be no real reason to suspect them, we can't just let them 'slip under the radar'. Players I'm inclined to believe are town aligned are ThatsAGoodOne349 (based on some of the things they have said/done), yourself, Airmed (as I said before) and I think that Kholmes1 is also innocent. As for everyone else, they are somewhere in between. I don't know enough to be able to say any of this with certainty though and it is absolutely subject to change as the game goes on. Hopefully this is what you were looking for- if you have any more questions, I'll do my best to answer them
    I agree with all of your stances on innocence, but, are you declaring innocence or no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatsAGoodOne349)
    I agree with all of your stances on innocence, but, are you declaring innocence or no?
    Declaring innocence? If you mean for myself, then I have previously said (and maintain) that I am innocent, yes In terms of other people, I cannot possibly tell you whether or not they are innocent with any reasonable level of certainty.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kholmes1)
    lool.
    Tbh when I voted I forgot they were sheriff.

But the sheriffs (at least in the last game) were wolves. Wolves has more of a motive to become sheriffs maybe idk?
    Out of the five Sheriffs we have had so far, only one was a Werewolf (three were Witches and one was a Fortune Teller). However, two were a Werewolf's lover and one was a Werewolf and a lover.

Unlike in ToS, lovers of opposite camps here only win with each other and with the Cupid.

Not necessarily. I think that not every single past Sheriff was the leader of the debate (particularly in Rounds One and Two). Even though Sheriffs are expected to be active, they do not have to be the leader of the discussion. However, if no one is saying anything, someone has to encourage others to speak up. That player can be anyone, but it feels like a Sheriff should at least try to do that.

Honestly, I think a Fortune Teller or Little Girl with some good information is a better 'discussion leader' than a Sheriff. For example, if there are two Werewolves left and the FT/LG knows one, I believe they should lead the discussion and lynch them. Unless they are one and the same, of course.

But until then, it is up to the Sheriff and whoever feels like helping out to at least try to make people discuss :laugh:

This question was answered in the previous thread. :lol: The host uses a random generator to pick a person and the person chosen gets lynched

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michiyo)

Not necessarily. I would argue that not every single past Sheriff was the leader of the debate (particularly in Rounds One and Two). Even though Sheriffs are expected to be active, they do not have to be the leader of the discussion. However, if no one is saying anything, someone has to encourage others to speak up. That player can be anyone, but it feels like a Sheriff should at least try to do that.

Honestly, I think a Fortune Teller or Little Girl with some good information is a better 'discussion leader' than a Sheriff. For example, if there are two Werewolves left and the FT/LG knows one, I believe they should lead the discussion and lynch them. Unless they are one and the same, of course.

But until then, it is up to the Sheriff to at least try to make people discuss :laugh:
    Okay, so perhaps with the exceptions of rounds 1 and 2 (where one sheriff was elected on the basis of free hugs :laugh:) I think that in your role of sheriff in round 3, the role changed though- it was much more serious in terms of manifesto promises of leadership and leading discussion, rather than pretend village items .I absolutely agree that if there is someone better played to lead or comment (i.e. a FT or LG with knowledge), they definitely should!
    However, at the same time, I said in my manifesto (something a long the lines of) that I would encourage/promote/lead discussion (can't remember what exact words I used), which is what people voted for- I am just trying to stick to what I said I would do At the moment, there doesn't seem to be many other people questioning others, which is something I would definitely encourage!

ReputationRep:
    Woah it is late! I'm going to push through and write this, but it won't be my best work. I'm out all day tomorrow so don't want to delay the game. You'll just have to promise not to judge me.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so perhaps with the exceptions of rounds 1 and 2 (where one sheriff was elected on the basis of free hugs :laugh:) I think that in your role of sheriff in round 3, the role changed though- it was much more serious in terms of manifesto promises of leadership and leading discussion, rather than pretend village items .I absolutely agree that if there is someone better played to lead or comment (i.e. a FT or LG with knowledge), they definitely should!
    However, at the same time, I said in my manifesto (something a long the lines of) that I would encourage/promote/lead discussion (can't remember what exact words I used), which is what people voted for- I am just trying to stick to what I said I would do At the moment, there doesn't seem to be many other people questioning others, which is something I would definitely encourage!
    Round Two's Sheriff was elected after writing a parody of Donald Trump's 'I'm going to build a wall' in all caps :toofunny:

You are telling me I basically politicised the position of Sheriff and made it more serious, I take it? :hide: (Sorry, I guess )

I know, I was just pointing that out You are doing well so far
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Declaring innocence? If you mean for myself, then I have previously said (and maintain) that I am innocent, yes In terms of other people, I cannot possibly tell you whether or not they are innocent with any reasonable level of certainty.
    Well, that narrows down my next vote

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.