Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    19 years old and I genuinely think im never going to meet anyone- does anyone else feel the same?

edit: I have hope but I cant help feeling deep down its false hope. A lot of people say oh dont think about it and it'll come when you are not expecting it but i'm constantly thinking about it :/

(Original post by tillyteewee)
    19 years old and I genuinely think im never going to meet anyone- does anyone else feel the same?
    Why what qualities hinders you?
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    You've got literally about 70/80 years to find someone who's perfect for you. Don't rush love. Don't search for love, it'll find you.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Ask yourself a few questions:

1. Do you make an effort to meet people?

2. Do you have friends of the sex that you like?

3. Do you try to make yourself interesting or attractive to others?

4. Do you put in the effort to maintain friendships with others?

ReputationRep:
    Have never had a proper girlfriend and I am 18. No problems here right now. You and I have lots of time to find someone. Maybe settle down in my 30's.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah like others said, you've got plenty of time. Eventually you'll find a girl you like. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's statistically very unlikely that you won't get a girlfriend in your lifetime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valyrian)
    You've got literally about 70/80 years to find someone who's perfect for you. Don't rush love. Don't search for love, it'll find you.
    are you ok, 70-80 years? My gwad
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valyrian)
    Preach. This, all of this.

Life isn't all about relationships, OP. Don't let your lack of one define you, it will come!
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigBackner)
    are you ok, 70-80 years? My gwad
    Yes. I'm okay. I'm not a mentally deranged patient like some person on here is saying that I am. :lol:

(Original post by Paracosm)
    Preach. This, all of this.

Life isn't all about relationships, OP. Don't let your lack of one define you, it will come!

ReputationRep:

edit: I have hope but I cant help feeling deep down its false hope. A lot of people say oh dont think about it and it'll come when you are not expecting it but i'm constantly thinking about it :/
    i feel like slapping myself when i read this

i am 22 , how do u think i feel ?

Business interests mean I don't if I was born somewhere else I would probably already be married with kids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by study beats)
    i feel like slapping myself when i read this

i am 22 , how do u think i feel ?
    dont worry lol, 22 ill still be in same relationship status

ReputationRep:

Pretty sure I'm never gonna meet anyone either but at least I have my car I can curl up with
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xopher_)
    Pretty sure I'm never gonna meet anyone either but at least I have my car I can curl up with
    *Ahem*

I see how it is...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by butfirst_coffee)
    *Ahem*

I see how it is...
    Curl up next to it as a friend of course, silly me... You know you are my only love

ReputationRep:
    *Ahem*

I see how it is...
    Ah, TSR trysts. How very nostalgic.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Curl up next to it as a friend of course, silly me... You know you are my only love
    Is this how you get out of cheating? I knew I couldn't trust you from the moment you told me not to call you 'love.'

We're over.

ReputationRep:
    Is this how you get out of cheating? I knew I couldn't trust you from the moment you told me not to call you 'love.'

We're over.
    How could this happen to me
    I've made my mistakes
    Got nowhere to run
    The night goes on
    As I'm fading away
    I'm sick of this life
    I just want to scream
    How could this happen to me

Please don't go I need my baby

I've just turned 23 and I've never had a relationship with anyone despite liking quite a lot of people, lol But I guess I can see why none of them have ever worked out... probably because I was really desperate and most of them just didn't feel that way about me anyway. But the last person I liked I really liked and I think they broke my heart I haven't really liked anyone since, I guess I've just forgotten about the whole thing. Gone with the whole plenty of time, don't rush love mantra I'm ok with it myself but I still feel kinda embarrassed about it with others especially when most of my friends have boyfriends : /

ReputationRep:

I felt this way for years. It does get better I promise! When I was 19 (I'm 25 now) I didn't leave my flat for a year, and lost nearly if not all my friends. However, I am now engaged to the best friend I could ever ask for. You won't be alone forever, although 19 feels like you're old and should have your **** together, I promise you you're still young with all your life yet to live!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.