The Student Room Group

I don't care about 'Love Island'

Scroll to see replies

My best friend loves that show but it's the bane of my existence :frown:
Original post by SteamboatMickey
My best friend loves that show but it's the bane of my existence :frown:

A couple of my female colleagues have started to watch it and man oh man are they annoying, thank god I can just listen to music throughout the day.
Original post by hezzlington
Yet everyone/news sites/social media is banging on about it. I just can't escape.

Oh well.

How could you not care about love island?
Chris Newson (TSR CEO) would be disappointed
Reply 23
Yet everyone/news sites/social media is banging on about it. I just can't escape.

Oh well.

Ikr. I hate it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some of us are too old for the presenter Caroline Flack, as we are over 21.
Unfortunately all my friends seem to be invested into the show for some unknown reason and seem to be shipping a couple on the show called "Marcel and Gabby".

Really don't get the hype overall and that stupid show "Naked Attraction" on C4 is starting again too, TV is well and truly becoming an atrocity.
Reply 26
err . . . have you never heard of "turn off notifications for this ..."?

Click the top right hand corner of the post on Fb. I expect Twiter has a similar function.

Oh well.

same
wHat'S bReGGxIt?!

- Hayley 2018

Oh well.

I feel the same.
The show is a heap of shite.
Lots of people watch it though. Its taken the place of Big Brother. If you dont like it dont watch it?
A dating show as surficial entertainment is not my beer. I see no sense to watch. It is trash.
Viewers who have no drama going on in their lives find the humour in the drama that is going on in the lives of strangers (is that the right way to put it)
Original post by te159311
Yes, I keep hearing this "Love Island" from junior co-workers. I'm probably right by saying Love Island is an oxymoron, unless they mean love in the lustful sense of the word. I don't think people who are in love go to the Island, or people find love on this allusive Island. I could be wrong.

It should be called ‘Lust Island’
Original post by ayyyy.x
Viewers who have no drama going on in their lives find the humour in the drama that is going on in the lives of strangers (is that the right way to put it)

Yes and people watch with such seriousness as well
Original post by 999tigger
Lots of people watch it though. Its taken the place of Big Brother. If you dont like it dont watch it?

Does big brother still continue or has it run into the ground where it should be?
Original post by Greywolftwo
Does big brother still continue or has it run into the ground where it should be?

I believe the last series has run now. Maybe they will revive it.

It is harmless tat. You dont have to watch it. It cna be amusing and some of them make lots of money from it as well, so in effect they cna use it as a launchpad to get a career from.
Original post by ayyyy.x

The reason why it is so popular could even be simpler for some: sex appeal, everything reduced to the look.
Original post by 999tigger
I believe the last series has run now. Maybe they will revive it.

It is harmless tat. You dont have to watch it. It cna be amusing and some of them make lots of money from it as well, so in effect they cna use it as a launchpad to get a career from.

I don’t watch it I just wandered if they had stopped it, apparently there was a lot of x rated scenes in it that people at school were watching and I hope for their good it stops
Original post by Kallisto
The reason why it is so popular could even be simpler for some: sex appeal, everything reduced to the look.

That isn’t what love is about though and things in the media like Love Island make love about lust when it is untrue, it warps the true ideals of love

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending