Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How am I supposed to sleep in this weather? Watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paniking_and_not_revising)
    Make an insect screen out of sticky back velcro and get a mesh screen that you can cut to your window size.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My parents are crazy on appearance and how things look... my window is front facing.. I don't think they'd approve of my DIY insect net or any bought one.. I must suffer in silence RIP

ReputationRep:
    I once slept on the balcony (there was no other way of trying to sleep whilst remaining sane )...that was in Portugal...the air temperature was >40ºC, my hometown is really hot and dry during the summer.
    I live in the UK now (West Midlands) and the weather is great for the UK's standards but it's not overly hot compared to our Portuguese continental benchmark
    Hope it stays like this though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    My parents are crazy on appearance and how things look... my window is front facing.. I don't think they'd approve of my DIY insect net or any bought one.. I must suffer in silence RIP
    Mine is barely visible from the street

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    God knows I need a fan leaving windows open for me is out of the question (I'm terrified of insects)
    Are you me? I am the exact same. I'd rather be roasted alive then let a bug into my room

ReputationRep:
    Put a bed sheet in the freezer. Take it out right before you go to bed and use it as your duvet cover. Also put a fan on a low breeze on you the whole night and drink a good amount of cool water before you go to bed.

ReputationRep:
    Get a blanket and soak it in cold water (preferably one of those hospitable like ones with the holes in) Best thing I've tried

ReputationRep:
    You know it gets unbearable when you end up stripping down to your undies and having to use a bathing towel as a blanket...

ReputationRep:
    You don't sleep

ReputationRep:
    It's actually about 10 degrees cooler away from buildings.
    Sleep out in a tent.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.