The Student Room Group

TV series recommendations?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kholmes1
Colony! One of the only people I found who has seen this show.

Though you have Breakout Kings but no Prison Break??

@S2M Did you ever watch BreakOut Kings?

If you like colony you'll like falling skies and maybe the 100
Reply 21
Colony! One of the only people I found who has seen this show.

Though you have Breakout Kings but no Prison Break??

@S2M Did you ever watch BreakOut Kings?

Nope, never seen that. Have you?
Original post by niteninja1

Watch the 100. I enjoy it.

I think I saw the first two episodes of falling skies, could never get into it.
Original post by S2M
Nope, never seen that. Have you?

I saw one episode where we got to find out what T-bag has been up to during those 7 years. He breaks out of fox river for a little bit. (I think it was fox river, might have been the prison he was in before he moved there though. But if i remember correctly it was fox river.)
Reply 24
I saw one episode where we got to find out what T-bag has been up to during those 7 years. He breaks out of fox river for a little bit. (I think it was fox river, might have been the prison he was in before he moved there though. But if i remember correctly it was fox river.)

In Breakout Kings?

Just a quick question, have you really seen Breakout Kings but not Prison Break? Or did you not enjoy prison break? As breakout kings was a spinoff to prison break.
Original post by S2M
In Breakout Kings?

yeah. It was episode 3 I think.
Just a quick question, have you really seen Breakout Kings but not Prison Break? Or did you not enjoy prison break? As breakout kings was a spinoff to prison break.

Tried 2 episodes hated prison break
Reply 28

You need to watch more than 2 to actually enjoy it.
Reply 29
yeah. It was episode 3 I think.

I'm watching that tomorrow then. :smile:

Ah okay fair enough. Odd but fair enough.

With Prison Break, I think if you don't enjoy it after the first 2/3 episodes, then its not for you.

Assuming it was the first two of season 1?

How did you start watching Colony?
Suits is so rubbish btw i didnt like it personally

Prison break
The walking dead
Orphan black
Orange is the new black
Luther
Stranger Things
Pretty Little Liars ( gets boring at season 6 ish but the seasons before are just simply amazing)
Reply 32
DC Shows [TV Universe]:
The Flash - Very good consistently.
Arrow - Season 4 was bad. Latest season, Season 5 was arguably the best season of any DC TV Show ever. It was just bloody amazing.
Legends of Tomorrow - Time travel, team of superheros, plot holes but fun to watch.
Supergirl (meh)

Other DC Show:
Gotham

Marvel Netflix:
Daredevil
Iron Fist - Critics didn't like it but I enjoyed a lot.
Jessica Jones
Luke Cage
The Defends - Yet to air. League of superheros from shows mentioned above.

Other Good Shows:
Suits - Lawyers
Billions - Investment Bankers
American Gods - Based on a book, don't read too much into it's plot to avoid spoilers. Recent show, very good so far.
Black Sails - Pirates
Mr. Robot - Hackers
The 100 - Post apocalyptic society

Popular Shows I have yet to watch:
House of Cards
Breaking Bad
The Walking Dead
Prison Break
Dexter
Narcos
Game of Thrones

If you like cars then: Top Gear [Latest Season], The Grand Tour.

If you like anime then let me know, I'll recommend a sh!tload of those.
Original post by uw0tm9
DC Shows [TV Universe]:
The Flash - Very good consistently.
Arrow - Season 4 was bad. Latest season, Season 5 was arguably the best season of any DC TV Show ever. It was just bloody amazing.
Legends of Tomorrow - Time travel, team of superheros, plot holes but fun to watch.
Supergirl (meh)

Other DC Show:
Gotham

Marvel Netflix:
Daredevil
Iron Fist - Critics didn't like it but I enjoyed a lot.
Jessica Jones
Luke Cage
The Defends - Yet to air. League of superheros from shows mentioned above.

Other Good Shows:
Suits - Lawyers
Billions - Investment Bankers
American Gods - Based on a book, don't read too much into it's plot to avoid spoilers. Recent show, very good so far.
Black Sails - Pirates
Mr. Robot - Hackers
The 100 - Post apocalyptic society

Popular Shows I have yet to watch:
House of Cards
Breaking Bad
The Walking Dead
Prison Break
Dexter
Narcos
Game of Thrones

If you like cars then: Top Gear [Latest Season], The Grand Tour.

If you like anime then let me know, I'll recommend a sh!tload of those.

Thank you! I'm not interested in anime that much, but that's a good list
You neeeeeed to watch Prison Break its amazing. Also Narcos is interesting but there is lots of nudity compared to the others so unless you're like 13 or something I would recommend it!
Thanks everyone ik what I'm doing for summer now :wink:
Original post by salma123angel
Thanks everyone ik what I'm doing for summer now :wink:

Quite interested to know, which ones? Or what one will you watch first.
You put Prison Break and Pretty Little Liars in your list didn't you. Two of my favourite shows. (Pretty little liars started going down hill after s5. If you have seen the most recent episodes, who do you think AD is?)

II would recommend Lost. About a plane crash onto an island. (A lot more than that)

See my list on a previous page for some other shows.

If you go with the DC shows. You should watch Arrow up to a certain season. Than the flash, than legends. You rotate every episode. (Well I never did that, i did flash, Lot than arrow as I couldn't get into arrow for the first few episodes. But now its my favourite of the three.)
For some unknown reason it's not that big in the UK but Parks and Recreation is AMAZING! I'm not really into sitcoms (give me a period drama any day) but honestly it's incredible. I started watching it just over a year ago and I've watched it 4 times so far! The first series is a little bit meh but it gets better and better and by series 3 it's incredible. You can watch it on Amazon Prime.
The Durrells
Original post by the bear
The Durrells

No clue if you're joking because I'm forever getting the piss taken out of me for liking The Durrells :colondollar: but I'm going to assume you're not and get excited that someone else loves this too! Louisa is essentially my spirit animal!
Reply 39
Original post by salma123angel
Thank you! I'm not interested in anime that much, but that's a good list
You neeeeeed to watch Prison Break its amazing. Also Narcos is interesting but there is lots of nudity compared to the others so unless you're like 13 or something I would recommend it!

Lol, I'm 17 and I'm fine with nudity. Black Sails also has a lot of nudity and as everyone know so does Game of Thrones. In all honestly though I don't really like too much nudity. It's a bit annoying sometimes. Nudity for the sake of nudity is annoying, nudity for the sake of the plot is okay and makes sense. Never seeing people f**kin in TV shows is unrealistic, always seeing people f**king and beign naked for no reason is unrealistic.

Quick Reply

Latest