Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Educational Systems Watch

    • Thread Starter

    I'm currently attending high school in Algeria, and here in my country our educational system is similar to France's educational system, we attend to primary school 5 years, then middle school for 4 years, then high school for 3 years and then take the "Baccalauréat", which is a test consisted of many subjects such as math, physics, arabic, english, french, biology, philosophy...
    and the test is graded on a scale of 0-20, now after checking the requirements for admission on many universities on many countries, I found them either requiring a specific grade on the ACT or SAT or GRE, or a specific GPA, and offering programs for undergraduate and graduate students, and for the undergraduate students you can get many degrees such as bachelor degree, but isn't it the same thing as a baccalaureate diploma? now if someone could explain the educational system used by other countries such as the UK, the US, Canada, Australia ... that would be really appreciated, and if a bachelor degree and a baccalaureate diploma are the same thing, and how can I check if I meet the requirements for a certain university, Thanks.
Still A Remainer Or A Brexiteer?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.