Islamic fundamentalists celebrate every moment Corbyn gets air time. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Wake up and smell the coffee:coffee:

ReputationRep:
    ok

ReputationRep:
    *covfefe

ReputationRep:
    like they celebrated when May cut the police numbers.

like they celebrated when May struck a deal with the Saudi Arabians that fund them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StudyJosh)
    like they celebrated when May cut the police numbers.

like they celebrated when May struck a deal with the Saudi Arabians that fund them.
    I agree with you on the issue of Saudi. But in terms of combatting terrorism, Corbyn's idiotic objection of shoot to kill and Diane Abbott's mindlessness on the police would lead to a worse situation than the one now.

ReputationRep:
    pretty sure there's labour and tory and all other party muslims

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0lm)
    I agree with you on the issue of Saudi. But in terms of combatting terrorism, Corbyn's idiotic objection of shoot to kill and Diane Abbott's mindlessness on the police would lead to a worse situation than the one now.
    Bear in mind most of Corbyn's comments on shoot to kill refer to either the IRA, who didn't launch suicide attacks frequently or were made before Charlie Hebdo/the Bataclan brought in the idea of prolonged attacks on city streets.
    Also remember an innocent man was shot dead in London about 10 years ago and I think that would influence his thinking.
    Recently he has said he would not attempt to influence the security services operating methods, and I think they are operating on a shoot to kill basis with active terrorist attackers - I'm sure Corbyn supports this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0lm)
    The objection to shoot to kill isn't idiotic considering shoot to kill means default shooting to kill whether or not it is necessary. The current policy which Corbyn supports is of shooting to kill when it is necessary but not when it isn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0lm)
    Yet again somebody taking what Corbyn said out of context. Go read.

I'm not gonna sit here and defend Diane Abbott tho l0l f*ck dat m8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Castro Saint)
    Yet again somebody taking what Corbyn said out of context. Go read.

I'm not gonna sit here and defend Diane Abbott tho l0l f*ck dat m8
    OK, I can help with that. The Labour manifesto, supported by Diane Abbott, promises 10,000 more police on the streets. It's paid for by reversing Tory tax cuts.
    Diane Abbott (1st class degree from Oxford) may have stumbled over the numbers in an interview while suffering from diabetes, but the figures exist in black and white and they do add up.
    Strange to think that the OP believes a terrorist group would support a leader wanting more police on the streets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0lm)
    Except the shoot to kill he is talking about (pre-emtive, like John Charles De Menzes tragedy, or that guy who got shot but survived in Forest Gate which Blair refused to apologise for).

There are two sides of the argument for and against shoot to kill on pre-emotive means, but whether it was in place or not, it wouldn't have been a factor in the shooting of those terrorists in London.

Anyway Tory or Labour, these terrorist won't stop unless Isis and those who find them are disarmed or destroyed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0lm)
    that used to be his stance in a different Britain. Now that Britain has changed so has his stance

He subsequently changed his stance, saying he would “support the use of whatever proportionate and strictly necessary force” was needed to save lives.

Poll
Still A Remainer Or A Brexiteer?
General election 2017 on TSR
Register to vote

Registering to vote?

Check out our guide for everything you need to know

Manifesto snapshots

Manifesto Snapshots

All you need to know about the 2017 party manifestos

Party Leader questions

Party Leader Q&A

Ask political party leaders your questions

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.