Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Any other postgrads or mature students starting in Sept 2017? Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Just wondering if there are any other postgrads or mature students starting in 2017 on here at Portsmouth Uni? Thought it might be a good place to get together/ introduce ourselves etc.

I'm going to be starting the MRes Science course within the Psychology department in Sept this year. After 4 years at Glasgow Uni I am coming back to my home city :P

Does anyone know if the university does anything specific for postgrads or mature students during freshers week?

ReputationRep:
    I will be doing the MSc in Crime Science, Intelligence, Investigation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caitrìona)
    I will be doing the MSc in Crime Science, Intelligence, Investigation
    Oooo, very nice! My research will be concerning eyewitness memory!

ReputationRep:
    That's interesting! I had an Eyewitness testimony module last semester

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I find it super interesting, hence why I want to conduct research in that field! I imagine your course will be really interesting too, with all that criminal investigation stuff!

ReputationRep:
    Into what direction exactly do you want to go with your research?

ReputationRep:
    Into what direction exactly do you want to go with your research?
    The research will be looking into the effects of alcohol intoxication on attention while viewing crimes and whether this affects things like the weapon focus effect and susceptibility to misinformation about the crime!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm going to be starting Crime Science, Investigation and Intelligence also! Can't wait to start!

ReputationRep:
    Cool, I thought I was the only one :P
    What have you both done as your Bachelor and have you heard from accommodation yet?

ReputationRep:
    What have you both done as your Bachelor and have you heard from accommodation yet?
    Hey, I have just finished studying Sociology and Criminology at Southampton I haven't had an email from accomodation yet, we will probably hear back in August

ReputationRep:
    I studied Psychology as my undergrad at Glasgow uni. I'll be living at home as I'm originally from Portsmouth so I haven't gone through the accommodation process. I am really looking forward to getting started though and meeting new people!

ReputationRep:
    Hey,I'm starting an MRes in science too. But in pharmacy and biomedical research.They don't do anything specific but there is a mature student group.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honeymom)
    Hey,I'm starting an MRes in science too. But in pharmacy and biomedical research.They don't do anything specific but there is a mature student group.
    Hey there! That's awesome, does the mature student group have a Facebook page or anything?

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm starting a masters in HR in September after doing a psychology degree I am also wondering if there are any events for mature students so let me know if you find any

ReputationRep:
    Add the Facebook page "mature students and postgraduates Portsmouth 2017"

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody heard anything back recently? I thought that we might have been officially accepted on our results day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangatardallys)
    Hey there! That's awesome, does the mature student group have a Facebook page or anything?
    Yes it does. Just search 'mature student society of the university of portsmouth'

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I'm starting my PhD at the ICG in October, studying dark energy models cannot wait

There is also an unofficial postgrad group on Facebook (search for Portsmouth Postgraduate Society).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kje0395)
    Has anybody heard anything back recently? I thought that we might have been officially accepted on our results day?
    Have you sent the Uni evidence of your results? I had to send the university my transcript and a week or so later they got back to me confirming my place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EuskaltelEuskadi)
    Hi guys,

I'm starting my PhD at the ICG in October, studying dark energy models cannot wait

There is also an unofficial postgrad group on Facebook (search for Portsmouth Postgraduate Society).
    Hi. I'll also be starting a PhD at the ICG, studying large scale structure.

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.