Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Vehicle collides with pedestrians in London Finsbury Park Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    The reason why people point out Muslims not marching is indicative of underlying passivism towards terrorism is because they are super quick to March and protest for even the slightest pathetic thing they don't agree with (Cartoons anyone)
    They march against cartoons because the default position isn't to condemn the cartoons by said country. Default position for said country on terrorism is that it is wrong. (Note, don't misread this as me promoting marches against cartoons).

Even the few where they have protested terrorism, they haven't actually protested terrorism they have usually defended and promoted Islam instead "Islam means peace" "Terrorism has no religion"
    Not sure how you concluded that, I saw Muslim Aid walking through Tower Bridge near my work place the other day and they clearly had anti-terrorism signs. Promoting Islam as a religion of peace is also contradicting what ISIS are promoting, so again, what is the problem exactly? Them saying Islam does not permit killing people innocently is anti-terrorist.

It's a horribly selfish thing to do and looks terrible to anyone with a brain
    With a brain? Or with an agenda...

If thousands of Muslims can voiciferously protest against poppies and cartoon drawings we expect them to protest and be vocal against their fellow Muslims massacring our children
    Covered this above (default position is that it is condemned). In essence, what people really want is Muslims to accept responsibility for the attacks (someone pretty much said this earlier in the thread) and to apologise on behalf of the religion. You don't actually want a protest against terrorism, because if that is what you was after, you wouldn't just call on Muslims to start protesting against terrorism, but that every single person in the UK should be marching.

People like to over-blow pacifism towards terrorism - it is akin to me quoting some people now from The Daily Mail comments section and making a huge generalisation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    The reason why people point out Muslims not marching is indicative of underlying passivism towards terrorism is because they are super quick to March and protest for even the slightest pathetic thing they don't agree with (Cartoons anyone)

Even the few where they have protested terrorism, they haven't actually protested terrorism they have usually defended and promoted Islam instead "Islam means peace" "Terrorism has no religion"

It's a horribly selfish thing to do and looks terrible to anyone with a brain

If thousands of Muslims can voiciferously protest against poppies and cartoon drawings we expect them to protest and be vocal against their fellow Muslims massacring our children
    You need to stop generalising 1.1 billion people on this planet if you want to be taken seriously by people who exercise their brain beyond stereotyping and you seriously need to take it upon yourself to realise a simple reality. That British Muslims will generally hold different views and experiences to Pakistani Muslims. British middle class Muslims will hold slightly different views and experiences to British working class Muslims. So on and so on.

You need to also understand that British Muslims do speak out and join in protest against religious and or political violence all the damn time. But they are a minority in this country and they also are not proportionally in positions where they can air their shared anger with the UK public. For example they are not often Cabinet Ministers, or party political leaders, or given prime slot on a major radio or TV programme. But I watch a wide array of media and I see British Muslims speak out all the damn time.

Stop thinking a British Muslim living peacefully in Cardiff or Glasgow has some inherent duty to leave their home and family to run on the street every time there is a Islamic terrorist attack. How absurd. Because you (presuming you're British too) ****ing don't when the British government ****s and kills innocent people in the Middle East. Who are fighting ISIS? Iraq Muslims. Who are taking on Boko Haram? Nigerian Muslims. Who is taking on Assad? Syrian Muslims. Who is standing up and demanding for freedoms during the Arab Spring? Middle Eastern Muslims. When the Taliban shot Pakistani Muslim girl Malala in the head for going to school, she went back to school, founded a charity, made speeches at the UN, got A grades and a Nobel Peace Prize. More than you will ever achieve in your damn life time.

What next, when Black Americans attack US police officers, Black British people like myself need to drop what am I doing and protest? right, okay. Will do Sir! If White or Christian people had to protest against the crimes of White and Christian people all the damn, they will be stood in the streets from birth till death.

You need to stop generalising 1.1 billion human beings and get a damn grip on reality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    They are most definitely an 'at risk' group for hate crimes/attacks.
    Since 2005, 4 people have been killed in hate crime attacks targeting Muslims in the UK.
    2 by racists for being Muslim (or Asian).
    2 by Muslims for being the wrong kind of Muslim.

In the same period, 92 people have been killed in hate crime attacks targeting non-Muslims.
    Even taking into account population sizes, it's a bit disingenuous to claim that Muslims somehow face a comparable risk.

And let's not forget they are the number one victims of terrorism abroad,literally every single day.
    Yes. And they are also the number one perpetrators.

It's like pointing out to my housemates that someone has drunk all my beer, when it was me who drunk it. Unless you have both sides of the equation, it can give a false impression.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=QE2;72268656][QUOTE=queen-bee;72267622]They are most definitely an 'at risk' group for hate crimes/attacks.
    Since 2005, 4 people have been killed in hate crime attacks targeting Muslims in the UK.
    2 by racists for being Muslim (or Asian).
    2 by Muslims for being the wrong kind of Muslim.

In the same period, 92 people have been killed in hate crime attacks targeting non-Muslims.
    Even taking into account population sizes, it's a bit disingenuous to claim that Muslims somehow face a comparable risk.

Yes. And they are also the number one perpetrators.

It's like pointing out to my housemates that someone has drunk all my beer, when it was me who drunk it. Unless you have both sides of the equation, it can give a false impression.
    I'll let y'all take the floor. I'm not here for drama in this weather ya habibi

ReputationRep:
    Tommy Robinson was recently on the Alex Jones show and he said
    What's it going to take? When will British men and women get up and do something about this. They are watching our sons, mothers, daughters, fathers, brothers and sisters being killed and they sit and do nothing
    This is the sort of hate preaching that leads to the kind of events which happened in Finsbury Park. The kind of hate preaching this man does is worse than some of the radical Islamic preachers that have been here over the years. His youtube and social media should be shut down.

ReputationRep:
    And secondly, I was pointing out that the number of hate crimes towards Muslims have increased,why are you getting all agitated? It's just a fact. So have most people in the media been saying today. Where have I said it's terrible in the UK? Point it out please,i was just stating facts. if you don't want to accept it that's yo own problem,ya dig?
    The likes of TellMAMA and DOAM record things like a poster protesting against halal slaughter, and failure to provide prayer rooms, as "hate crimes". These are neither "crimes" note "hateful".
    I wonder if they also count placards and chants of "Behead those who insult Islam", calling non-Muslims "the vilest of creatures", and the suchlike as "hate crimes"? What's that? They don't?

ReputationRep:
    Some of the people in here are actually vile
    • Very Important Poster

I'm not a Muslim so I don't know what you mean by 'cast yourself as the main victim' don't be make assumptions.

And secondly, I was pointing out that the number of hate crimes towards Muslims have increased,why are you getting all agitated? It's just a fact. So have most people in the media been saying today. Where have I said it's terrible in the UK? Point it out please,i was just stating facts. if you don't want to accept it that's yo own problem,ya dig?
    I just disagree with your claim that Muslims are the largest victims of terrorism, at least in the UK. the actual attacks that concern people is the ones intended to injure and kill are aimed at non muslims or UK citizens which by default includes some muslims as collateral.

Ofc some people are going to get upset when they see others are being killed. Its all very low level and few of these incidents warrant prosecution (A bit different to people being maimed and killed). Its what happens when people linked to a community decide to blow themselves up and otherwise murder people.

You should also look at how hate crime statistics are made up, with a lot of them not being provable crimes at all just reported incidents based on a persons perception. As with all criminal statistics they need to be treated with caution, but none moreso than those covering hate crimes .

http://www.civitas.org.uk/content/fi...eheadlines.pdf

ReputationRep:
    I'll let y'all take the floor. I'm not here for drama in this weather ya habibi
    Whoah! You can't just make claims and then deny responsibility when they are challenged, "because of the weather".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    Some of the people in here are actually vile
    I guess that as a Muslim, you are referring to the non-Muslims in here? Or do you disagree with Allah's position on this issue?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Whoah! You can't just make caims and then deny responsibility when they are challenged, "because of the weather".
    Some of the hate crimes are rarely reported on mainstream media. There was an incidentlg recently in north London,not too far from Finsbury Park where a white man went to a mosque,carrying a knife. Luckily the police got there before he managed to do any harm. There's many other incidents which are alike. Stop downplaying the threat islamophobia poses on Muslims. After every terrorist attack,visible Muslims,especially women who wear hijab are always always extra cautious when out and about. Heck,there's been many incidents of hijabi women getting bottled on the street just for being a Muslim. But you want to pick and chose and like to remain bias,that's up to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    I guess that as a Muslim, you are referring to the non-Muslims in here? Or do you disagree with Allah's position on this issue?
    People die and you're always doing the same thing. You need help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    In general 99% just enjoy the UK for wot it is. But there are a few that think we should change everything for them.

If you like it stop here,and if you do not. Move somewhere else to enjoy life.

ReputationRep:
    The fact that some of y'all are doing the most on here to justify it or downplay it is not only disturbing but disgusting. Like it doesnt ****ing matter what the person's religion is or race,innocent people have been hurt and one person confirmed dead. Some of y'all need psychiatric help for all this pent up hatred you harbour. Immediately.

ReputationRep:
    The fact that some of y'all are doing the most on here to justify it or downplay it is not only disturbing but disgusting. Like it doesnt ****ing matter what the person's religion is or race,innocent people have been hurt and one person confirmed dead. Some of y'all need psychiatric help for all this pent up hatred you harbour. Immediately.
    At the minute that has not be confirmed wot he died from. They are looking at Heart attack before incident.

So yet no death confirmed due to incident. But in time I suspect there will be.

Which is a big shame for the family and friends.

ReputationRep:
    There's no point, they always do this and it's gotten worse on tsr.

I can never comment on these threads without being picked on and patronised for being Muslim. And of course the mods do nothing.

ReputationRep:
    There's no point, they always do this and it's gotten worse on tsr.

I can never comment on these threads without being picked on and patronised for being Muslim. And of course the mods do nothing.
    If there are posts that break the rules then you should report them, if you do nothing then they aren't going to read through a 20 page thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rooster11366)
    At the minute that has not be confirmed wot he died from. They are looking at Heart attack before incident.

So yet no death confirmed due to incident. But in time I suspect there will be.

Which is a big shame for the family and friends.
    What? I thought one person had died at the scene and two are in critical condition and the rest In hospital.

It really is a big shame and fortunately,the government will be doing a lot more to protect religious minorities especially in This holy month of Ramadan and take a tougher stance on all Forms of terrorism

ReputationRep:
    People die and you're always doing the same thing. You need help.
    You made a comment. Do you not wish to clarify what you meant?
    Do you think that calling someone "the vilest of animals" because of their religion should be recorded as a "hate crime" or not?

ReputationRep:
    It really is a big shame and fortunately,the government will be doing a lot more to protect religious minorities especially in This holy month of Ramadan and take a tougher stance on all Forms of terrorism
    What more can be done and how do they go about taking a "tougher" stance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.