Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Vehicle collides with pedestrians in London Finsbury Park Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    For what? If he hasn't broken TSR rules then he won't be banned. You can't just try to get someone banned because you disagree with them.
    PRSOM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I hate exams!)
    Hate the way people are saying this is revenge and that somehow makes it ok.
    Anyone saying that it is ok to kill people as revenge for people being killed is intellectually subnormal.
    "An eye for and eye makes the whole world blind", as someone once said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhoDaresWins)
    Still talking... Verbal diarrhoea...
    Still talking...but not managed to come up with an argument yet.

Just admit it. You started typing without thinking about what any of it actually meant, didn't you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    "I guess that as a Muslim, you are referring to the non-Muslims in here?"

So apparently because I'm Muslim I find non-Muslims vile.

I can't voice disgust at people always using these incidences to start scoring polictical points. With no regard for those injured/killed. Imagine how it feels for someone who has lost someone due to one of these attacks?

And for some reason to some people, my opinion is invalid and I have to start defending my religion for no reason. When you can't say anything without this ******** said to you, wouldn't you feel pissed off.

I've raised it with the CT before, only to get ignored and not even acknowledged. I've given up, we just have to continue watching this place get swarmed by people insisting "ISIS are true Muslims" or right wing rhetoric.

Stopping extremist views posted to young people doesn't matter it seems.
    I do not think it is fair to accuse the CT of ignoring concerns like this, or that we somehow tacitly accept hate speech or islamophobia. We do a lot of work to ensure that moderation is fair and balanced, respecting all points of view, some of which you might not necessarily agree with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by y.u.mad.bro?)
    Funny how everyone ignores this lol. Gj for posting this :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But as has already been shown, the vast majority of these "Islamophobic attacks" are verbal abuse and petty vandalism, and while they are in no way excusable or justifiable, they are not comparable with being blown up or hacked to death with kitchen knives.

The actual figures for attacks attributed to Islamophobia that have resulted in death or injury are 2 dead and a dozen injured, compared to 92 dead and nearly 1000 injured by islamist attack over the same period.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    You think only 10 people have been injured in Islamophobic attacks in the last ten years?
    That's what the statistics say. If you have any different, please present them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    That's what the statistics say. If you have any different, please present them.
    Well the statistics are clearly wrong. Do you seriously believe only TEN people have been injured in Islamophobic attacks? Clearly there's some issue with the classification of these attacks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    I do not think it is fair to accuse the CT of ignoring concerns like this, or that we somehow tacitly accept hate speech or islamophobia. We do a lot of work to ensure that moderation is fair and balanced, respecting all points of view, some of which you might not necessarily agree with.
    Telling someone to either renounce their faith or call themselves a terrorist is fair? That's the sort of stuff I get dealt with whenever I try to share my sadness at what's happened in one of these threads.

I literally come in and say I don't like people disrespecting those injured/killed by always twisting these threads into a political/religious argument. Make another thread for that. But instead I'm being ignored for what I say, just simply "look a muzzie, let's debate!"

Look at the title of this thread, then look at the comments. It's gone completely off topic and the actual incident is ignored to just make political points.

Another point to make is. I don't like people making stupid polictical points from any side, be it "but the Muslims have been doing this, so it's inevitable" or "but the bombings in Syria, this was inevitable".

Again, if you lost someone in this incident or something similar, how would you feel reading these ****ing threads

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Oh, do keep up. The poster accused me of something or other because I'm arguing on a debate forum 12 hours after someone was killed.
    People dying doesn't mean I stop doing all the things I do. And challenging flawed arguments on here is one of the things I do.

It is a strange thing to butt into someone's already running discussion and tell them what they should and shouldn't be talking about.

Remember that I said that one of the things I do is challenge flawed arguments on TSR? Well, your comment is an example of why I feel obliged to do it!
    ok so anyway after going through this entire thread (yikes) i didn't actually see the dude say anything on this topic about......whatever you're talking about lol (if i missed it just link me i cba to look through it again)

but anyway if you're so fixated on that argument then just like.... message him privately (unless he has you blocked like any normal person) and not drag it into a completely different topic.

also "butting into someone else's argument" lmfaoooo that argument doesn't even exist on this thread. if you're just gonna bring up stuff that doesn't matter, i'll call you out on it lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    Telling someone to either renounce their faith or call themselves a terrorist is fair? That's the sort of stuff I get dealt with whenever I try to share my sadness at what's happened in one of these threads.

I literally come in and say I don't like people disrespecting those injured/killed by always twisting these threads into a political/religious argument. Make another thread for that. But instead I'm being ignored for what I say, just simply "look a muzzie, let's debate!"

Look at the title of this thread, then look at the comments. It's gone completely off topic and the actual incident is ignored to just make political points.

Another point to make is. I don't like people making stupid polictical points from any side, be it "but the Muslims have been doing this, so it's inevitable" or "but the bombings in Syria, this was inevitable".

Again, if you lost someone in this incidental or something similar, how would you feel reading these ****ing threads
    I don't disagree with any of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    But as has already been shown, the vast majority of these "Islamophobic attacks" are verbal abuse and petty vandalism, and while they are in no way excusable or justifiable, they are not comparable with being blown up or hacked to death with kitchen knives.

The actual figures for attacks attributed to Islamophobia that have resulted in death or injury are 2 dead and a dozen injured, compared to 92 dead and nearly 1000 injured by islamist attack over the same period.
    I don't know what the argument has been about as I haven't read the last 20 pages but this is a fair point.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)

So is this a tit for tat tally now? How many dead in terrorist attacks in UK were Muslim? How many worldwide killed by ISIS were Muslim?

The answer to the last question is disproportionately more than non-muslims. Many Muslims died in 7/7, 9/11 too.
    You implying, and it is a clear implication, it's okay because only a handful have been killed by the far right Vs "terrorism" is pretty deplorable. I didn't know there was a tally of Muslim column vs everyone else. You're going down a slippery dark path in my opinion. You're either trying to justify or excuse murder in your head, or rationalising who's life is worth more in a revenge scenario

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    One of the neighbour's of the attacker summed him up quite well: "he's always been a complete c***".

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/19/finsbu...borne-6720145/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    You do realise ISIS target mosques, too.
    this post aged badly

ReputationRep:
    I starting to think that some greater power is behind all this and is wanting to start a civil war between Muslims and UK natives....

ReputationRep:
    Celtic Untermensch.

Anglo-Saxons need to take charge and put them under control.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ash8991)
    I starting to think that some greater power is behind all this and is wanting to start a civil war between Muslims and UK natives....
    Yea it's called Islamists

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Horrible attack targetting innocent people with the intent to create terror.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ash8991)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal Anglo)
    why are poor people so nasty?
    This is TSR, people.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.