The Student Room Group

Vehicle collides with pedestrians in London Finsbury Park

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
Funny how everyone ignores this lol. Gj for posting this :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
But as has already been shown, the vast majority of these "Islamophobic attacks" are verbal abuse and petty vandalism, and while they are in no way excusable or justifiable, they are not comparable with being blown up or hacked to death with kitchen knives.

The actual figures for attacks attributed to Islamophobia that have resulted in death or injury are 2 dead and a dozen injured, compared to 92 dead and nearly 1000 injured by islamist attack over the same period.
Reply 461
Original post by Trapz99
You think only 10 people have been injured in Islamophobic attacks in the last ten years?
That's what the statistics say. If you have any different, please present them.
Original post by QE2
That's what the statistics say. If you have any different, please present them.

Well the statistics are clearly wrong. Do you seriously believe only TEN people have been injured in Islamophobic attacks? Clearly there's some issue with the classification of these attacks.
Original post by Reality Check
I do not think it is fair to accuse the CT of ignoring concerns like this, or that we somehow tacitly accept hate speech or islamophobia. We do a lot of work to ensure that moderation is fair and balanced, respecting all points of view, some of which you might not necessarily agree with.

Telling someone to either renounce their faith or call themselves a terrorist is fair? That's the sort of stuff I get dealt with whenever I try to share my sadness at what's happened in one of these threads.

I literally come in and say I don't like people disrespecting those injured/killed by always twisting these threads into a political/religious argument. Make another thread for that. But instead I'm being ignored for what I say, just simply "look a muzzie, let's debate!"

Look at the title of this thread, then look at the comments. It's gone completely off topic and the actual incident is ignored to just make political points.

Another point to make is. I don't like people making stupid polictical points from any side, be it "but the Muslims have been doing this, so it's inevitable" or "but the bombings in Syria, this was inevitable".

Again, if you lost someone in this incident or something similar, how would you feel reading these ****ing threads
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by QE2
Oh, do keep up. The poster accused me of something or other because I'm arguing on a debate forum 12 hours after someone was killed.
People dying doesn't mean I stop doing all the things I do. And challenging flawed arguments on here is one of the things I do.

It is a strange thing to butt into someone's already running discussion and tell them what they should and shouldn't be talking about.

Remember that I said that one of the things I do is challenge flawed arguments on TSR? Well, your comment is an example of why I feel obliged to do it!

ok so anyway after going through this entire thread (yikes) i didn't actually see the dude say anything on this topic about......whatever you're talking about lol (if i missed it just link me i cba to look through it again)

but anyway if you're so fixated on that argument then just like.... message him privately (unless he has you blocked like any normal person) and not drag it into a completely different topic.

also "butting into someone else's argument" lmfaoooo that argument doesn't even exist on this thread. if you're just gonna bring up stuff that doesn't matter, i'll call you out on it lol
Original post by Lord Samosa
Telling someone to either renounce their faith or call themselves a terrorist is fair? That's the sort of stuff I get dealt with whenever I try to share my sadness at what's happened in one of these threads.

I literally come in and say I don't like people disrespecting those injured/killed by always twisting these threads into a political/religious argument. Make another thread for that. But instead I'm being ignored for what I say, just simply "look a muzzie, let's debate!"

Look at the title of this thread, then look at the comments. It's gone completely off topic and the actual incident is ignored to just make political points.

Another point to make is. I don't like people making stupid polictical points from any side, be it "but the Muslims have been doing this, so it's inevitable" or "but the bombings in Syria, this was inevitable".

Again, if you lost someone in this incidental or something similar, how would you feel reading these ****ing threads

I don't disagree with any of this. :smile:
Original post by QE2
But as has already been shown, the vast majority of these "Islamophobic attacks" are verbal abuse and petty vandalism, and while they are in no way excusable or justifiable, they are not comparable with being blown up or hacked to death with kitchen knives.

The actual figures for attacks attributed to Islamophobia that have resulted in death or injury are 2 dead and a dozen injured, compared to 92 dead and nearly 1000 injured by islamist attack over the same period.

I don't know what the argument has been about as I haven't read the last 20 pages but this is a fair point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by QE2

So is this a tit for tat tally now? How many dead in terrorist attacks in UK were Muslim? How many worldwide killed by ISIS were Muslim?

The answer to the last question is disproportionately more than non-muslims. Many Muslims died in 7/7, 9/11 too.
You implying, and it is a clear implication, it's okay because only a handful have been killed by the far right Vs "terrorism" is pretty deplorable. I didn't know there was a tally of Muslim column vs everyone else. You're going down a slippery dark path in my opinion. You're either trying to justify or excuse murder in your head, or rationalising who's life is worth more in a revenge scenario

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
One of the neighbour's of the attacker summed him up quite well: "he's always been a complete c***".

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/19/finsbury-park-suspect-named-as-father-of-four-darren-osborne-6720145/
Original post by Dodgypirate
You do realise ISIS target mosques, too.

this post aged badly
I starting to think that some greater power is behind all this and is wanting to start a civil war between Muslims and UK natives....
Celtic Untermensch.

Anglo-Saxons need to take charge and put them under control.
Original post by Ash8991
I starting to think that some greater power is behind all this and is wanting to start a civil war between Muslims and UK natives....

Yea it's called Islamists

Posted from TSR Mobile
Horrible attack targetting innocent people with the intent to create terror.
Original post by Ash8991

Original post by Eternal Anglo
why are poor people so nasty?

This is TSR, people.
Original post by QE2

I agree with you. But then can we point out the deaths caused in muslim countries by the bombardment of US and the coalition forces. Hundred kf thousands people died before this all began and before you criticise me, my entire family have been high ranking army officers so I know a lot about what the facts are.

Nevertheless, we cant just say that it is ONLY Islams fault. You have to look at the past and where this all started from.

However, in recent times I do agree that terrorist attacks have affected more people. But not just in the UK. In other parts of the world as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
I agree with you. But then can we point out the deaths caused in muslim countries by the bombardment of US and the coalition forces. Hundred kf thousands people died before this all began and before you criticise me, my entire family have been high ranking army officers so I know a lot about what the facts are.

Nevertheless, we cant just say that it is ONLY Islams fault. You have to look at the past and where this all started from.

However, in recent times I do agree that terrorist attacks have affected more people. But not just in the UK. In other parts of the world as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If that was an important point then countries that have never done anything in the Middle East wouldn't also have been attacked?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emerald7770
This is TSR, people.

Poor immigrants tend to be kind and warm. If you go to a white council estate it just feels shoddy.

[video="youtube;mJQTmKl4_Wg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJQTmKl4_Wg[/video]

Also if a road man try to start a ting with me I'll lay the smackdown like rorke's drift
(edited 6 years ago)
The guy who died wan't actually killed by the van he was already having a hear attack so no one was actually killed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending