Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Vehicle collides with pedestrians in London Finsbury Park Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    Not sure this can be verified as of yet, but a woman on Twitter, who was allegedly close to the incident, said the driver may have been drunk.
    He also stabbed people after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mashbbk)
    I'm not playing.
    That's fine but it's something for you to think about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreenBell)
    He also stabbed people after.
    Source?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    Source?
    Twitter

ReputationRep:
    Video doing the round on Twitter taken just after event show several people lying on ground is a very poor state.

Also video purportedly showing the guy responsible blowing kiss at camera while in back of police van.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently there were 3 people in the van.

ReputationRep:
    Sad to see needless violence in the streets of London again. Thoughts with those involved tonight.

I saw a few videos on social media of the aftermath. Looks awful, and doesn't blur out the seriously injured/dying. I'd recommend you avoid them... Heartbreaking scenes, wish I hadn't clicked.

It is worth pointing out due to the reaction across social media - the BBC and most reputable sources don't label attacks as terror unless the police say they suspect it. This is usually when the attacker was yelling his message (political). The video of this guy being arrested, he seems very calm/drunk/quiet. As of right now, although this DOES look like a terror attack, they may not want to use that word (it might be a hate crime, for example). It's not double standards in the media if the police haven't said it's possibly terror. It will come out in time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1010marina)
    Sad to see needless violence in the streets of London again. Thoughts with those involved tonight.

I saw a few videos on social media of the aftermath. Looks awful, and doesn't blur out the seriously injured/dying. I'd recommend you avoid them... Heartbreaking scenes, wish I hadn't clicked.

It is worth pointing out due to the reaction across social media - the BBC and most reputable sources don't label attacks as terror unless the police say they suspect it. This is usually when the attacker was yelling his message (political). The video of this guy being arrested, he seems very calm/drunk/quiet. As of right now, although this DOES look like a terror attack, they may not want to use that word (it might be a hate crime, for example). It's not double standards in the media if the police haven't said it's possibly terror. It will come out in time.
    Tbh my frustration was with BBC news' decision to show a segment on fish instead of reporting on the incident :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    It's times like this that I think punishments for such people need to be made a lot more harsh.

This is I think the fourth such attack in the UK this year alone. Obviously the threat of prison or even being shot dead by police isn't enough to make the perpetrators fear the consequences of their actions. Even after this attacker is dealt with, someone is going to try and do this again, and yet more innocent lives will be lost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    Tbh my frustration was with BBC news' decision to show a segment on fish instead reporting on the incident :indiff:
    I have seen that - I wasn't watching at the time, so I can't really speculate. Was this before or after the first coverage or as details still emerging?

Depends on the time, of course, but I don't think the full scale of the attack was realised immediately (in the same way as other attacks recently)...?

It's quite sad if they just interrupted the coverage for fish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    Video doing the round on Twitter taken just after event show several people lying on ground is a very poor state.

Also video purportedly showing the guy responsible blowing kiss at camera while in back of police van.
    I've seen that second video. What a vile human being.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)

What hashtag is that under?

ReputationRep:
    Name:  IMG-20170619-WA0003.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  151.2 KB

Nice to see the Daily Fail with its priorities right - why talk about the victims or the motives of the killers when you have another opportunity to make Muslims look bad?

They have changed the title now, but they still include the contents of the title in the introduction. Scum.

ReputationRep:
    So we're already assuming the driver(s)'s political leanings and intentions? When it's muslims everyone is always so keen to say not to jump to conclusions/assume things..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1010marina)
    I have seen that - I wasn't watching at the time, so I can't really speculate. Was this before or after the first coverage or as details still emerging?

Depends on the time, of course, but I don't think the full scale of the attack was realised immediately (in the same way as other attacks recently)...?

It's quite sad if they just interrupted the coverage for fish
    This was sometime around 2:15-2:30. (Whilst I was eating).

The incident had happened before then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangatardallys)
    So we're already assuming the driver(s)'s political leanings and intentions? When it's muslims everyone is always so keen to say not to jump to conclusions/assume things..
    What other reason does someone have to intentionally run over a particular group of people?

Whether his mentally may come to light , but irrespective of that this attack is clearly motivated by politics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisiswhat567)
    What hashtag is that under?
    It should be number one in the trending hashtags.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    This was sometime around 2:15-2:30. (Whilst I was eating).

The incident had happened before then.
    It's a really poor decision if they interrupted coverage for it :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    What other reason does someone have to intentionally run over a particular group of people?

Whether his mentally may come to light , but irrespective of that this attack is clearly motivated by politics.
    I'm just saying we shouldn't speculate. It is not news until the facts are known.

(Original post by mangatardallys)
    I'm just saying we shouldn't speculate. It is notnews until the facts are known.
    https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/sta...17368725725184

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: June 24, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Still A Remainer Or A Brexiteer?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.