Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Vehicle collides with pedestrians in London Finsbury Park Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    I appreciate that you took time out from combing your neck beard to inform us of your political views.
    😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Omg,some of the white supremacists on this thread justifying the attack make me feel so :puke:
    (You know who you are)

Go **** yourselfs.

As for the The attack. Something needs to be done against the rise of anti Muslim hatred. They are the largest victims of terrorism. Much love <3
    • TSR Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    1 confirmed dead, 10 more injured. Government has now labelled it as a possible terrorist attack.

ReputationRep:
    It's funny how the United states had race hate problems when Obama was president. Similarly, London getting more and more unsafe with Sadiq as mayor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dima-Blackburn)
    Shouldn't you be celebrating with your pedes?
    Tell it how it is boo :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mashbbk)
    No, it's an Islamophobic revenge attack (likely).
    You are jumping the gun at the minute.

Not that information on suspect yet. Time will tell I guess but either way it's sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    It's funny how the United states had race hate problems when Obama was president. Similarly, London getting more and more unsafe with Sadiq as mayor.
    That's utter nonsense. What about 7/7 and other previous major terrorist attacks in London under previous mayors and no mayors at all?

Your comment appears to be motivated by racism.

ReputationRep:
    What useless BBC reporting. I wanna know who did what to who.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamestaneh)
    It is socially irresponsible, which is why the media are such a cancer - they thrive off of contorting public opinion.

The attack itself happened not outside the mosque, but a bit away from it - they jumped over details for the story.
    It actually happened outside the Muslim Welfare House, which is just across the railway bridge on Seven Sisters Rd from the Finsbury Park Mosque - the two are very close.

I expect this particular lunatic was just driving around looking for a group of Muslims to crash into, but no doubt we will hear more as time goes on.

ReputationRep:
    This is awful at least the psycho has been arrested...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickLCFC)
    The person who did this was a WHITE MAN. This was an Islamophobic terrorist attack.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Islamophobia is a much bigger problem in the UK than so-called "Islamic terrorism".
    While extremist islamiphobes have 1 death on their record and Islam has 11 this month in London I would say the 11 deaths is a bigger problem, both are problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    He obviously is a terrorist , but it's ironic to see how the tabloids are labelling their titles.
    They don't call it terrorism until the police do it was the same during the other attacks

ReputationRep:
    People need to wait and see how this pan's out.

This could be a ISIS attack just as much as an anti Muslim attack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    You think that's bad have a look at this

Notice the difference in language as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Note the different stage of the investigation, one is after a trail when all the evidence is known and one is minutes or hours after the events when not a lot is really known and is mainly speculation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rover73)
    What useless BBC reporting. I wanna know who did what to who.
    Get a life mate,it will take some time for facts to come out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    While extremist islamiphobes have 1 death on their record and Islam has 11 this month in London I would say the 11 deaths is a bigger problem, both are problems.
    We're too lazy to carry out attacks we need migrants to do it for us......

Satire 😎

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We shouldn't jump to conclusions - for all you know it was a muslim.

And even if it was a white person, we need to understand the process of radicalisation and the effect that muslim violence has on fostering radical beliefs in the community.

Muslims need to change and become more tolerant and accepting, we need to ban hate preachers and the like in order not to give oxygen to radicals that distort the peaceful teachings of christ to drive lone men to commit acts of violence.

ReputationRep:
    Could be something to do with what this lady refers too? Bit of a coincidence on the date? https://www.facebook.com/Understandi...4326131608705/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    As usual, some of the responses in this thread are absolutely disgusting. There is NO justification for any sort of attack like this on any person committed by any person of any colour, creed or background. It is an act of terror not only against innocent people leaving their place of worship, but against the accepting and tolerant values of our society.

I’m disgusted and upset by this terrible event.

(Original post by Aerospengie)
    We shouldn't jump to conclusions - for all you know it was a muslim.

And even if it was a white person, we need to understand the process of radicalisation and the effect that muslim violence has on fostering radical beliefs in the community.

Muslims need to change and become more tolerant and accepting, we need to ban hate preachers and the like in order not to give oxygen to radicals that distort the peaceful teachings of christ to drive lone men to commit acts of violence.
    /s????

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: June 27, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What is your favourite film genre?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.