Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

When a guy comes back to you Watch

A guy I was dating was a commitment phobe so I broke it off with him very soon after realising. (We hadn't done anything sexual yet). He was upset but he understood why we had to stop seeing each other. The thing is he has contact me few months later asking me random questions like what I did in my day and what my plans are for the future etc. He also tells me stuff about himself. Now I don't understand why he's talking to me. I've only just gotten over him and now he's back. I've tried giving him dead replies but he carries on talking to me. He also appears to have missed me from some of the things he said. What do I do about him, I'm honestly lost and starting to become hopeful but I know I shouldn't... any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Reminds me of a little someone Xopher_

ReputationRep:
    Move on...Don't repeat the same mistake twice. You can find someone better who will actually take you seriously

(Original post by butfirst_coffee)
    Move on...Don't repeat the same mistake twice. You can find someone better who will actually take you seriously
    I know. It's just I really liked him but it took me all this time to get over him and now he's back and that hurts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    A guy I was dating was a commitment phobe so I broke it off with him very soon after realising. (We hadn't done anything sexual yet). He was upset but he understood why we had to stop seeing each other. The thing is he has contact me few months later asking me random questions like what I did in my day and what my plans are for the future etc. He also tells me stuff about himself. Now I don't understand why he's talking to me. I've only just gotten over him and now he's back. I've tried giving him dead replies but he carries on talking to me. He also appears to have missed me from some of the things he said. What do I do about him, I'm honestly lost and starting to become hopeful but I know I shouldn't... any advice?
    Do the right thing and say you're not interested. Stop wasting his time by giving vague replies and he'll go away. It's honestly so stupid when girls do this. Do you like being persued or something? You lost feelings for him and you will again. Just say you're not interested unless you want to make it work (which you already stated can't happen)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I know. It's just I really liked him but it took me all this time to get over him and now he's back and that hurts.
    Trust me hun . It's easy for a boy to just walk in and out of our lives as they please. Makes no difference to them. We only have ourselves to gaurd. You know the pain already, it's just not worth it...

ReputationRep:
    Reminds me of a little someone Xopher_
    Hey I'm not little and I love you still whether you can be in my arms or not

Trust me hun . It's easy for a boy to just walk in and out of our lives as they please. Makes no difference to them. We only have ourselves to gaurd. You know the pain already, it's just not worth it...
    Okay I'm going to ignore him from now. You are deffos right the pain isn't worth it.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: June 19, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Should gherkins be in burgers?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.