Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

A bad name in the life of 'Self-confidence' of a conflicting mind. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Yes - the loss of a friend. We've all experienced it. They tell you, 'It's the end' and you resort to crying, or it could be the silent treatment - You're left wondering why.
    Our recovery times differ - It could take only an afternoon's nap and hooray, 'I'm back to being my old self'. For others, relentless days of sobbing over our LCD screens, hoping either you've been 'Pranked' or they've forgiven you. It's all far from reality.

My name is O.M_99, I'm 18. I lost my first 'real friend' in October, we only lasted a month. It took time to recover. I got told not to 'Dwell on it'. I did.
    Long story short, mixed feelings took our bond away.

It took time before I restored to being the same old me - The only difference is 'It didn't feel the same'.
    Long story short, 'I lived life to the fullest'. I lived my life for a purpose. I took my loss as a lesson, worked my way up and on rewind.
    Rewind - The purpose of working your life backwards to the point of how you first met a person and fastforwarding it to re-correct your error.
    I did it. I failed. We live and learn from mistakes. There's no way of avoiding it, only reducing it. You can lose them for unexpected reasons.

Long story short,
    I 'Fast-forward' in life, skipping the process of rewind and I find 'An angel' enter my life. Our friendship has been sloppy and dry, visible to the naked eye.
    I'm thinking of ending it. I need advice.
    From the US, we see each-other as pure 'Siblings'. I'm from the UK, to be clear.
    We made a promise saying we'll make our stay a long one.
    Our conversations are dead, no movement. There's no interest in it. If that is the case, it'll go on for a bit and then the excuses such as 'My dad saw our text', we can't talk, sorry. We'll make up, we'd re-adjust and it'll happen a second time.
    It's frustrating me and if I see no point in it, should I end it? I don't leave people, they leave me. I once saw it as a blessing, it's now opressing.

What do I do? I need all your help and support. Thank you. :-)

Long

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orgi.material_99)
    Yes - the loss of a friend. We've all experienced it. They tell you, 'It's the end' and you resort to crying, or it could be the silent treatment - You're left wondering why.
    Our recovery times differ - It could take only an afternoon's nap and hooray, 'I'm back to being my old self'. For others, relentless days of sobbing over our LCD screens, hoping either you've been 'Pranked' or they've forgiven you. It's all far from reality.

My name is O.M_99, I'm 18. I lost my first 'real friend' in October, we only lasted a month. It took time to recover. I got told not to 'Dwell on it'. I did.
    Long story short, mixed feelings took our bond away.

It took time before I restored to being the same old me - The only difference is 'It didn't feel the same'.
    Long story short, 'I lived life to the fullest'. I lived my life for a purpose. I took my loss as a lesson, worked my way up and on rewind.
    Rewind - The purpose of working your life backwards to the point of how you first met a person and fastforwarding it to re-correct your error.
    I did it. I failed. We live and learn from mistakes. There's no way of avoiding it, only reducing it. You can lose them for unexpected reasons.

Long story short,
    I 'Fast-forward' in life, skipping the process of rewind and I find 'An angel' enter my life. Our friendship has been sloppy and dry, visible to the naked eye.
    I'm thinking of ending it. I need advice.
    From the US, we see each-other as pure 'Siblings'. I'm from the UK, to be clear.
    We made a promise saying we'll make our stay a long one.
    Our conversations are dead, no movement. There's no interest in it. If that is the case, it'll go on for a bit and then the excuses such as 'My dad saw our text', we can't talk, sorry. We'll make up, we'd re-adjust and it'll happen a second time.
    It's frustrating me and if I see no point in it, should I end it? I don't leave people, they leave me. I once saw it as a blessing, it's now opressing.

What do I do? I need all your help and support. Thank you. :-)

Long
    I'm not sure I understand. You're dating somebody that you see as your sister? Or are you related?

If you don't want to be in a relationship then end it.

ReputationRep:
    The 1st part is all to do with meeting my 1st 'Real Friend', that I ended up losing.
    The 2nd part is all to do with meeting my 2nd 'Real friend, that I may end up losing.

I lost my 1st real' friend and I lost my 'Self-confidence' to go with it.
    I found my 2nd real friend after months of depression.
    My 2nd friend has 'insecurities', she does not answer my questions to a clear and concise point. - She would act lost.
    E.g. 'What do you do for a living?' and so on. She would, at times, air my question and use lame excuses. E.g. I'm busy.
    She doesn't sound 'interested'. I ask her why, she replies - ''Chill, bro''.
    Friffinghell Should I end it? It'll hurt her and I'll feel selfish. I mean, we made a promise saying - We will not leave one another.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orgi.material_99)
    The 1st part is all to do with meeting my 1st 'Real Friend', that I ended up losing.
    The 2nd part is all to do with meeting my 2nd 'Real friend, that I may end up losing.

I lost my 1st real' friend and I lost my 'Self-confidence' to go with it.
    I found my 2nd real friend after months of depression.
    My 2nd friend has 'insecurities', she does not answer my questions to a clear and concise point. - She would act lost.
    E.g. 'What do you do for a living?' and so on. She would, at times, air my question and use lame excuses. E.g. I'm busy.
    She doesn't sound 'interested'. I ask her why, she replies - ''Chill, bro''.
    Friffinghell Should I end it? It'll hurt her and I'll feel selfish. I mean, we made a promise saying - We will not leave one another.
    If you made a promise not to hurt one another then real friend number 2 has already broken this promise as she is hurting you.

I'd end it. She doesn't sound interested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friffinghell)
    If you made a promise not to hurt one another then real friend number 2 has already broken this promise as she is hurting you.

I'd end it. She doesn't sound interested.
    Oh boy. :'(

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: June 19, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.