Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am often asked why am I a Christian and why don't I follow some other religion?

There are many reasons, but this verse from the bible speaks straight to my heart as to the reason why

Romans 15:7

Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.

If we accept one another, just as we are without tying to change them, then we are doing what God asks us to.

Imagine living in a world where people accepted our differences?

God has unconditional love for us, it's not based on what we can do for Him as we'll never be able to do enough, its about what He can do for us.The Christian faith is all about God reaching down to where we are, not us striving to reach Him.

Why do you follow your faith?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Racoon)
    I am often asked why am I a Christian and why don't I follow some other religion?

There are many reasons, but this verse from the bible speaks straight to my heart as to the reason why

Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.

If we accept one another, just as we are without tying to change them, then we are doing what God asks us to.

God has unconditional love for us, it's not based on what we can do for Him as we'll never be able to do enough, its about what He can do for us.The Christian faith is all about God reaching down to where we are, not us striving to reach Him.

It's fair that you think that that particular verse has good advice, but how does that make you a Christian exactly?

ReputationRep:
    That's pretty cool that your faith is strong. I don't really want to dampen your belief or anything but that sole statement is contradicted throughout the bible (on women, on relationships between men, on the Amalekites etc.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Racoon)

As a Muslim, the teachings of Jesus and Islam x

ReputationRep:
    '
    (Original post by Kvothe the Arcane)
    It's fair that you think that that particular verse has good advice, but how does that make you a Christian exactly?
    That verse doesn't especially, but the advice the bible gives in the teachings of Jesus does show us how to tolerate each other and how not to be judgemental.

The example of Jesus is crazy when you think He, as God, accepted everyone and welcomed them into His family.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.